peugot autoquest

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jph1, Mar 31, 2010.

1. jph1

jph1 Read Only Funster

when using the van radio and cd when parked up does this drain the liesure or the van battery

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Van battery. We bought a cheap DAB radio (on eBay from Argos Clearance) which runs off mains or batteries. Doesn't take up much room and very good reception.

Graham

3. johngee

johngee Read Only Funster

It also automatically switches itself off after 20 minutes. I asked about this before, and I think a search may reveal some further discussion about overcoming this. The suggestion above is one solution, or replace the standard radio/cd with another unit, or fit an additional one in the habitation area.

I think there is also some wiring in the front upper lockers for additional speakers, and a connection needs to be made somewhere in the wardrobe, although I haven't investigated fully as I haven't yet felt like hacking the lockers about to fit speakers.

4. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

:Smile:I left the cab radio on for thbree days whilst parked in a layby and it drained the engine battery to the point I had to get the RAC out to restart the engine.:thumb:
    kennygd