Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
We've just spent 3 days trying to get a Peugeot Dealer to agree to carry out a warranty repair on a dead starter motor.
Van is 18 month's old but five dealers said they couldn't fix it as it was too heavy for their ramps. After involving Peugeot head office it transpires it doesn't need a ramp for starter motor work:Angry:
Peugeot supply Boxers to MH manufacturers and list their dealer network in the documentation so why will these dealers not accept the MH for repair? At one point I was faced with a 150 mile trip for the job when my nearest dealer is 5 miles away. This only changed when Peugeot realised they were liable for the transportation costs.

Has anyone else had this sort of runaround or been advised on dealer restrictions because of the size of their van?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Yes we have had this trouble on a previous van when Peugeot dealership changed hands, rebuilt front of bays so that only cars could get in, still had same ramps, left me with miles of travel to find dealer who would do the work, either with or without ramps.

Vowed would never have Sevel base again, prior to juddergate how glad I was, went to Ford, local van dealer's are more than happy to do work and have required ramps, no further problems.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Sooty 10

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Nelson, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
c Class
Exp
Since 1999.
Never had a problem with Perrys in Nelson. Maybe I have just been lucky.

Sooty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back