Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
The metal under bonnet VIN plate on my motorhome differs by just one letter from the one viewable through the windscreen and the chassis stamped number by the drivers door which are both the same. Can I get a new one from Peugeot?

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I would get it sorted ASAP, if it's a newish van go back to the dealer. I know someone who had the same problem, only came to light when it went for first MoT. The number on the computer system matched the one on the V5 butwhen the tester put in the one off the vehicle it would not accept it. Put the van off the road for weeks while it got sorted, because of course someone else had the V5 with his number on. Simple typo on the part of the dealer registering the van.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I had the same problem with a German registered camper when I tried to register it here in France.
Only difference was it was the weights were stamped wrongly.It was pointed out by the DRIRE inspector.
A visit to the local Peugeot stealer,weeks wait and about €30 later I was sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
It is complicated but with the help of VOSA and the DVLA I am hoping it is nearly sorted. It only came properly to light when I got my recent MOT which the van passed. I contacted VOSA locally as the renewal date had been changed to the date I took the van in for the MOT rather than the 17th July when it expired. They got back to me to say there was a discrepancy in the VIN numbers which I thought I had sorted shortly after buying the van, and that the MOT should not have been issued. After I had sent them photos of the three VIN numbers on the van they said that the metal plate under the bonnet( and the ALKO chassis sticker) were incorrect but the chassis stamped number and the windscreen number were correct. They have now issued a corrected MOT on the right date. I tried to sort it out with the DVLA a year ago after I bought the van second hand and they told me the opposite, that they only went on the metal under bonnet plate and I had the VIN number changed on the registration document on their recommendation. At the time I was not aware that there is a stamped number in the drivers door footwell under a plastic cover. So now the registration document is wrong ( easily fixed) and I need to get a new stamped metal plate from Peugeot and hopefully a new sticker from ALKO to match the document. Nearly there now but will report further problems. At least I have a legal MOT!!!
Why is life so complicated!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back