Peugeot Boxer Vehicle Battery (1 Viewer)

alan.watson

Free Member
Sep 21, 2009
Funster No
I have an Elddis Sunseeker 100 Motorhome 2.2 Hdi Engine based on a Peugeot Boxer Chassis. It was first Registered December 2006.

Without a lot of work taking the Battery out and disconnecting a lot of cables, I am unable to see the capacity of the Vehicle Battery and neither Elddis or Peugeot have been much help with my enquiries to them.

Does anyone know the capacity of the Battery that I would need for the Vehicle Battery for this Motorhome - or does anyone have any guidance to the capacity of the Battery I should use - if you have no specific information for an Elddis Sunseeker 100.

My Battery now doesn't hold any charge after running for some time - hence I need to replace to get back on the road. Hence I am unable to take to a Garage to replace.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
More than likely an 019 (standard battery designation code)

353mm long
175mm wide
190mm deep
round post
100ah/850cold crank amps

HERE

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

alan.watson

Free Member
Sep 21, 2009
Funster No
Peugeot Battery

Many thanks for the guidance.

Battery now purchased and installed and working fine !

Thanks

Alan

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Pappajohn is spot on!
I fitted one of these on my 04 Boxer 5yr guarantee and I bought from Costco members warehouse because I know they will honour it without quibble.
The original was a 90ah but 7 yrs old and probably not used much as had only done 8700 miles.
This 100ah is about as big as will fit and a handy supplement to hab power with the help of a CBE BCM12 charge transfer module
Link Removed
1220075757_oyobj-L.jpg

nanpalmall

Free Member
Feb 25, 2017
Tallinn
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry for bumping very old thread but I really can't seem to find this information anywhere.

I see that you have changed Peugeot Boxer 2003-2003 battery and this seems to have exactly the same placement as my Peugeot Boxer 2003 Z has.

How did you manage to remove positive clamp and remove the battery from the car? There doesn't seem to be any normal way to remove this as you don't have direct way to nuts and bolts. Is there some other way access battery from top perhaps?

Would be really grateful if you explained this in layman's terms because this seems to most complicated battery problem I have had so far and I haven't seen any other car with such placement either.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Remove the battery hold down clamps and pull the battery forwards, the cables should facilitate this. You can then access the positive clamp bolt and pull the fuse unit off the battery.
ALWAYS disconnect the negative first

nanpalmall

Free Member
Feb 25, 2017
Tallinn
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you very much! The future looks much brighter now for my Peugeot :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back