Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Hi all,

We need a service on our 2 year old Boxer, am I right in thinking you don't
need to go to a main dealer (Peugeot) for servicing warranty wise?

Cheers
2dogs

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
EU law says you don't need to, but I think you should use genuine parts whilst the van is still in warranty.
Geo might come along soon and put me right.:Smile:

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
you can use a independent garage to do your servicing work but be warned, if you end up with a warranty issue at a later date they will be looking for proof that the garage was vat registered and that, not only were genuine parts fitted, but that the service was carried out in accordance to the main dealer specifications etc !! believe me when i say that if they can find a loophole not to pay out a warranty claim they will leave no stone unterned !! regards garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks jon,garry,

will have to think about this one.

Cheers
2dogs

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
I was chatting to the guys who do my MH servicing recently, although the MH is too old to worry about my car is not. They are also going to service the car this year and I had the same discussion re all of the re-calls going on and whether I would be jeopardising any warranty in that respect. They said they always buy the service parts from the local main dealer and mark all of said parts where practical to help in any possible later warranty. Why do manufactures make life so difficult, if they insisted the main dealer worked at a fair price we would use them, but they don't. The difference for an interim service for the car is a hefty £130.....it's no wonder they offer 'free' AA cover with a service

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Hi all,

We need a service on our 2 year old Boxer, am I right in thinking you don't
need to go to a main dealer (Peugeot) for servicing warranty wise?

Cheers
2dogs

For the warranty to remain valid, the vehicle needs only to be serviced by a VAT-registered garage, though dealer parts should be fitted.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If you were really sneaky you could ring up to get a price give them your reg number and ask if there is any service bulletins that your van needs (these are not recalls but work that the manufacturer tells them needs checking) that tells you if it needs extra work doing. IE gearbox bolts need checking,software changing etc, and then go somewhere else that uses the same parts.

Just do not tell them that you are going to go somewhere else when you ask about any bulletins then say I will get back to you

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Within the first couple of years I would also worry about software updates to the engine management system. I would expect a main dealer to do these as a matter of course, but I doubt that an independent has the necessary kit to do so.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Labour Charge

I believe Marquis charge in the region of £60 per hour My van is out of warrenty so I get it done locally at a transport garage at £35 per hour

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks all,

if only it were points, plugs, oil change and kick the tyres ....
modern technology:cry:

Cheers
2dogs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back