peugeot boxer cruise control issue

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Cliffy38, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

I have an Elddis 175 of a 2013 plate. when I turn the cruise control on the green light appears on the right, however the radiator water light and air bag lights also come on dim. It all works ok but just wondered if this is a known issue or a return to Peugeot under guarantee?

2. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Sounds like,a bad earth connection , but if vehicle is under warranty,don't hesitate take it back and let them sort it.

3. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Had the same issue on my Boxer based camper and a new instrument panel was installed under warranty.

4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Lots of reports of instrument cluster problems with X250 and quite a few with the newer X290 too. Main agent and get a new instrument panel under warranty.

D.

• Like Like x 2
  5. castor

castor Funster

Had the same with my ducato 2012 built ,,after just a month , new instrument cluster was fitted under warranty in France , ordered friday , fitted monday and on our way .what age is yours?

6. castor

castor Funster

Sorry , just re-read your post , 2013 plate , guess across the board , fiat, peugeot .etc,

7. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

Just need to find out if it is still under warranty. As 3 years old in March.

8. deanroofing

deanroofing Funster

Had ours done on a 14 plate Peugeot boxer known problem, get it done under warranty ours came in at £800 so not a cheap fix.

9. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Mates just had his changed & mine needs doing.

10. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Funster

Seems a common problem, I had the dashboard display replaced back in the summer. A 2013 Boxer based Bailey.

11. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Mine was exactly the same, known problem with the instrument panel. Book it in to a Peugeot dealer if it's still under warranty. They changed mine, took a couple of hours.

12. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

So vehicle now booked in for a check. Can anybody tell me the service requirements on the vehicle. When I bought it I was told service every 2 years. Looking in the book it says interim service every 12 months, the year after the full service. Just worried that Peugeot will try and get out of a claim as the 1st year interim service wasn't undertaken by the first owner

13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Unless they can prove that missing a service caused the failure of the dash then you have nowt to worry about

There are so many scare moungering snippets told by dealers they are I think missing out on a good alternate career as fiction writers !

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

Thanks JAWS, initially didn't mention bringing in the service book. So will wait for them to ask for it. Just that you hear so many stories of no service no repair.

15. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I think that is only on UK supplied vehicles to cover the cost of the 3rd year warranty, standard Fiat servicing is 45oookm (28ooo m) don't think there is any time limit apart from recommended changes of belts etc.

16. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Yesssss.. often hear the stories from either dealers or numpties who believe anything they are told !! LOL !!!
    Folk like your self who actually ask the question seem rare nowadays.. folk who just go on hearsay and a mate down the road who has a sister in the army whose hairdresser said seem more and more common !

17. mike13

mike13 Read Only Funster

I've got a coming up to 3 year old Boxer, same situation as yours, in fact my first service was at an independent garage so was unknown to Peugeot, they replaced my panel with no questions asked, must admit was pleasantly surprised, thought i would have a battle on my hands!

18. Ian B

Ian B Read Only Funster

let me know whatthe issue is

19. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

Been to Peugeot today, most disturbing issue is that my vin number comes up as a Renault trafic and not a Peugeot boxer, unless there is a clone!!!. The good news is they have ordered a new instrument cluster to change it out.

20. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

Instrument cluster changed today under warranty, all fixed:). Many Thanks for the help everybody