Peugeot Boxer (Compass Drifter) (1 Viewer)

bboy22

Free Member
Dec 4, 2007
Funster No
Hi all.I have just bought a1998 Compass Drifter,that I like very much,however the guy I bought it from had no hand book so I dont know what the tank capacities are or what the tyre pressures should be.Has anyone got a spec sheet for this model? if so I would be very gratefull if you could e mail me a copy.

Thanks
Bill

roverman1

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
leeds west yorks
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
compass

have u got all the spe u wont as i have a1995 compass

where do you obtain these specs as i did not get a book when i bought mine from barons of york ive looked on compass web site and it tells you nothing .mines a 1998 drifter 310 on a boxer chasis.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi everyone, looking at buying a Compass Drifter, 1998 (Peugeot Boxer). Does anyone know if the chassis of this would have been galvanized when being built? My mechanic buddy is going to check out the engine for me, but won't be able to put it over a pit. There's no damp anywhere in the body that I can see. Anything that typically goes wrong/that I should be looking out for? Thanks in advance for any replies. I am so excited about finally getting on the open road!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hi everyone, looking at buying a Compass Drifter, 1998 (Peugeot Boxer). Does anyone know if the chassis of this would have been galvanized when being built? My mechanic buddy is going to check out the engine for me, but won't be able to put it over a pit. There's no damp anywhere in the body that I can see. Anything that typically goes wrong/that I should be looking out for? Thanks in advance for any replies. I am so excited about finally getting on the open road!
Tell us the engine ? I am guessing 2.5tdi?

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
2.5tdi known issues.......

Front cross member rots - £85 replacement.
Fiat immobiliser goes senile - has to be cut out or deactivated - did one last month for an ex army, now invalid chap in Kidderminster as well as my own.
Fuel filler pipe can perish. Roof vent seals will need replacing - one hour work on roof and quite easy.
Probably an alko rear chassis which is galvanised.
Rear suspension - if you can't see springs you have torsion bar suspension - needs grease gun each side every year with wheels off the ground. Failed bars make back end sag and refurbishment is still done but cost is £3000.
Shocks give up with age - no different to a car.

These older vans are lasting well but you did ask what you look for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back