Peugeot 2.2 hdi (Ford Puma) engines oil pump replacement programme. (1 Viewer)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
There has been a lot of talk on the Ford Transit forums of Ford recalling 2011 to 2013 vans fitted with the 2.2 HDi engine for an oil pump replacement. Apparently the internals wear out and leave your engine with low pressure.
These engines are fitted to many vehicles including Land Rover Defenders and others, including Peugeot Boxers.
Mine has the Puma engine.
Yesterday I read that Land Rover are now sending letters to Defender owners to take their vehicles in to get the pump replaced under warranty, but I have heard nothing about the engines fitted to Peugeot and Citroen vans.
Anybody hear anything ?
I have my van booked in for its first service tomorrow, I shall ask when I take it in if there is any info on these engines.
Apparently, the new pumps being fitted to Defenders are labelled Peugeot / Citroen, so maybe we already have the good pumps fitted!
Allan

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Got the van back after servicing. £417 for 2.5 hours work, and that was with a £90 discount!
It won't be serviced at Peugeot again!
Anyway, they had no info on the oil pump issue, but it now has a Peugeot stamp in the book so if there are any issues, Peugeot should pick up the tab.

One thing that annoyed me. I spent ages getting the tyre pressures absolutely right before I fitted a TyrePal kit.
The garage have over inflated all the tyres so the rear tyre over pressure alarm went off on the way home!
I suppose I should have told them to leave the tyres alone
Allan

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Allan, I sent Peugeot UK an Email asking about the oil pump fitted to my Peugeot engine last week and they told me that they know of no problems with the oil pump.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Here's the thing, they will deny everything either because there is a problem, or there isn't!
Apparently the oil pump can wear out on higher mileage or specific drive cycle conditions, whatever that means. Ford say if your oil light comes on, flickers or stays on while driving, you should stop and contact your dealer!
I suppose when a few Boxer engines fail, they will start a recall.
As long as your peugeot is serviced correctly, it should be ok whatever happens
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back