Pets on the move.......

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by Mrsambulancekidd, May 3, 2016.

1. Mrsambulancekidd

Mrsambulancekidd Funster

Hello all, I am new to the forum, so please be gentle with me.
    We are giving serious thought to giving up on owning a home and going mobile full time.
    the thing is we have 2 dogs, not a problem.....3 horses, they can go on full livery somewhere near our daughter and we have 2 cats.
    So that is our concern, the cats, how do other cat owners cope with keeping cats on the move.
    Thank you in advance.
    H
    xxx

2. MoKa

MoKa Funster

We've been binge-watching the YouTube channel of Nomadic Fanatic, an American chap who full-times with his cat. The cat, Jax, is seriously cute; to be honest we're really watching for him now lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. BasilsTravels

BasilsTravels Read Only Funster

I have the answers! I've been motorhoming full time with my cat, Basil, for the last three months. It can be difficult, but it is definitely possible. I was about to write a wee guide, so will get on that over the next couple of days and report back :D

In the meantime, this was the first step towards getting him happy travelling: https://jemmabeedie.com/2015/08/26/travel-cat/

We now no longer use a lead or harness, and we don't even have a box for him as he hates it so much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. MoKa

MoKa Funster

That's fab, Jemma. Can't wait to read your guide. Our cats are indoor cats, so we have extra hurdles to get over - no harness or leash experience that we know of, although when they came to us at a year old, there was one harness in the box, now way too small for five year olds, but we don't know whose harness it was, or how much it was used. So, we'll be getting two harnesses soon, and getting them out in our garden while we are waiting for our house to sell. They hate travelling in the car in the cat travel crates, but I'm hoping that once they can see out the window, they'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. meanders

meanders Funster - Life Member Life Member

We always travelled with our 2 cats in the motorhome. We never put harnesses on them and they never went very far, usually sitting underneath the van on top of the water tank so they could see what was going on without being seen by others!! Mostly they were happy staying in the van just sleeping!!
    Unfortunately we no longer have the cats , but they had a long and happy life seeing more than just their own garden!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1