Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Folks, more good news

Supermarket chain Asda is to reduce the cost of petrol at all 172 of its UK outlets from Friday.

Asda said the price of petrol would be reduced by 2p a litre to 92.9p a litre but diesel would remain unchanged at 106.9p a litre.

The company said falling US demand for gasoline had helped push down the price of petrol, whereas diesel costs remained steady.

Asda trading director Darren Blackhurst said: "We are seeing further reductions in our cost price which we're immediately passing on to all our customers as we continue to lead down the price of petrol.

"Diesel costs remain high and leave no room for further cuts at this stage."

Jim :thumb:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Jim :thumb:

Mmmmm.........wonder why that would be.........nothing to do with the government using it as a cashcow :Angry::Sad:

if HGV's ran on LPG would it still be less than half the price of diesel i wonder!!!!!:winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Mmmmm.........wonder why that would be.........nothing to do with the government using it as a cashcow :Angry::Sad:

if HGV's ran on LPG would it still be less than half the price of diesel i wonder!!!!!:winky:

Don't think that's right is it John? I thought fuel duty was the same on petrol and diesel. More likely the fuel companies using diesel as a cash cow.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
But if everyone changed to buying petrol engine vehicles........hey presto! Petrol prices would then be higher than diesel.......at least in rip off UK. :Angry:

There was a time when diesel was the cheapest fuel here, simply because apart from trucks, nobody bought a car with a diesel engine.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sure youre right Graham but i'll blame the government for bad breath if i could........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

substitute 'oil companies' for 'government'..........the rest still applies. :thumb::thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
LOG ON TO "PETROLPRICES.COM":thumb: FOR PRICES IN YOUR LOCAL AREA

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
But if everyone changed to buying petrol engine vehicles........hey presto! Petrol prices would then be higher than diesel.......at least in rip off UK. :Angry:

There was a time when diesel was the cheapest fuel here, simply because apart from trucks, nobody bought a car with a diesel engine.

When threads were running eariier this year about prices rising I looked at the AA comparison which includes European countries as well as the UK. In those countries where petrol fuelled cars predominate, petrol costs more than diesel.

As we all know, prices vary between fuel stations owned by most companies within countries as well.

Not rip off UK, not rip off Europe - rip off world where the fuel suppliers are charging as much as they think they can get away with in each place where they have an outlet.

Graham

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
For Sale
Coachmen Mirada RV