Free Member
Jan 11, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello, We are new to RVing and have encountered a few technical problems. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with the Georgie Boy Pursuit 6.5 diesel? Problem is step won't close so can't drive it and radio not working. Any ideas? P & S

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hello, We are new to RVing and have encountered a few technical problems. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with the Georgie Boy Pursuit 6.5 diesel? Problem is step won't close so can't drive it and radio not working. Any ideas? P & S

Hi welcome
I have no knowledge of your van but my electric step has been a real pain and finally fixed by making the connections better on the back of the switch i crimped the connections and a small bit of vaselline on the terminal

Rob

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
hi and welcome to Fun, while those with american units are members of fun, they are also members of RVOC the sister site to fun dedicated to all things RV

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years

Hi PeterRV Welcome hope you enjoy the site.

Sounds to me like you need to buy a little volt meter, check the power feed to the step motor, being DC there are two cables going into the motor, with positive on one and negative on the other, the step motor will work one way, swap the supplies, the step motor runs the other way, use the volt meter the check you have power at the motor, both positive and negative when the switch is opperated, if you have both supplies, chances are the motor has a problem, if not then it's either the switch or a supply problem, see how you go, give me a shout if you need any help, or an Asprin, or somthing, lets hope it's not a match:ROFLMAO:

As for the radio, again need to check the supplies, there needs to be a permanant feed, Ignition feed, and and earth, with these in place, the unit should light up. Now if I am correct and the power system is 24 Volt, it could be something to do with the voltage dropper, this is where the volt meter comes in handy. Pick one up from Maplins, just a few quid, we are not talking super acurate, but a good indication. just take your time and let me know the findings.

Good Luck
Steveutwg:Cool:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
24volt no, 12 yes.

First simple step thing, lie on the floor and look underneith and check the wirng, we had one fall off, plugged back in and all OK.

As above though, chances are your into multi meter teritory to test for voltage. 6.5TD GB is probably the Chevy P30 chassis so under the dash will be a herd of fuses and under the 'bonnet' to the left side a power distribution box, places to look/test fuses and power. Step should be run of the engine battery.

Radio, check the dash for a power source switch, ie allowing the radio to run from either the engine or leasure battery, simples really running of the engine battery when parked will flatten it and then starting becomes fun::bigsmile:

I've actualy clipped the wire on ours so the radio wont work if the engines off and switch in engine battery possition as a precaution.

Obviously check possition, assuming you have and also if in the aux (battery) possition are the leasure batteries connected, again possibly a switch on the dash or by the hab door that switches them on and off, though if the hab lights etc work that would negate this possibility. After the obvious, again as above multimeter and work back through the electrics.

Fuses, a thought, how are you checking? If visual, well, we had one a while back that looked fine but actually wasn't, one leg had broken in the fuse and couldn't easily be seen, unlike when they blow.

Good luck, and again as above, FUNs sister site RVOC could yeld more suggestions:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi peterv, welcome. Quickee steps frequently suffer from dirty/ corroded plug contacts as they pick up all the road wet and dirt.
Be wary when fiddling underneath as you can seriously hurt your fingers if the step suddenly comes to life :whatthe:
Good luck :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back