Rally Peterborough Show - The Big One (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
@Jim the tractor never towed me very far :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
DSCN2091[1].JPG

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
:dogthanks:Thank you so much to everyone who worked so hard in terrible conditions to make it such a great weekend. This was our first funsters rally and we thoroughly enjoyed it, along with Nelson who made a few friends both canine and human.
Special thanks to all the marshalls, to the entertainers Martin and Simon for a great Saturday night and not forgetting Toledos karaoke on Friday and Saturday. Thanks to Jim and all his helpers in the show tent. It was brilliant to get a sit down and a warm cuppa before the hail hit.
Yes Peterborough as a show didnt live up to what we hoped for in terms of the stalls, either but the time we spent with funsters more than made up for that.
We met loads of lovely people whom we hope to see again. Cant remember all the names, sorry and dont know how to link those names we do remember in to this post.
Sorry we didnt make sunday night but we were bushed. Thankfully we rolled off the field this morning without any problems.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Thank you to @Jim and all the marshalls, you all did a great job. We enjoyed our first Peterborough Show, a bit miserable in the cold rains, but we were glad we stayed till Sunday pm, which turned out to be a lovely sunny day! Many thanks to Tony, and Terry and ? Tracy (sorry if that's not right), Kevin, Sonya and Sue whose BBQ we gate crashed...very nice to chat with you all. Good luck to Steve and Liz with new MH...Good on ya! Great to catch up with you Rob and @Anthea M. Lovely to meet you John and Catherine @Stagman.
Until next time......
Looking forward to meeting you again soon. Good luck for your big day
John & Catherine xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
It was good to meet a number of the members in the marquee over the course of the weekend (our boxers certainly took advantage of the fuss offered them and the odd leg to lean against). Thanks to all that brought cake etc as it made for a great 'elevenses'!

Thankfully, one or two vehicles had made their escape before we did as I was a bit concerned that the zig zag route that would otherwise have been necessary to get off the field might have resulted in us getting stuck. So, the use of snow chains, a few judiciously placed planks and a reasonable clear run down to the road saw us off the field without any problems!

Until next time, happy camping!

Ian & Linda
Glad you got off safely. Was a pleasure to meet you and Ruby and Scooby.
John, Catherine and Nelson x

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
i can only agree with everybody. great marshals great musicians great entertainment damn wet bloody cold but had great time

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @Stagman if you want to link a name just put a @Stagman and as you will see the name you want linking comes up, its all in the @ (y)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks to the Marshalls. I really don't envy your job and the fact you keep doing it time after time, even when you are frozen, pelted with hailstones and soaked through you always keep smiling. Amazing people (y).

I was surprised at how few people actually needed the tractor.

I have just suffered brain freeze, I blame it on tiredness from a great weekend. Does anyone know if the gentleman who had the starter problems got away ok? I had to get back to work. I waited around as long as I could. I should remember his name but my brain has died sorry.

PS: I apologise if I did anything on Friday night. I was enjoying myself so much I didn't want to leave so dug out my bottle of Lambs Navy Rum. I knew I had too much when I woke up the next morning to find that I had switched on my 12V cooler when I got back to the van and deposited my phone in it. No idea what I was thinking :eek::LOL: but a flat habitation battery and a very cold phone was an unexpected result. The fact that I only usually use the rum for a little flavour for my coffee normally and I am not a spirit drinker makes me surprised that I managed to finish half the bottle and was up the next morning at 8am without a hangover... I remember very little after a certain point but what I do remember was fun :)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Gromitt said [/QUOTE said:
PS: I apologise if I did anything on Friday night. I was enjoying myself so much I didn't want to leave so dug out my bottle of Lambs Navy Rum.. I remember very little after a certain point but what I do remember was fun :)

You recognised me and we had never met before, :LOL: I do not look my Avatar either. Come to think of it, you don't look like yours.(y)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You recognised me and we had never met before, :LOL: I do not look my Avatar either. Come to think of it, you don't look like yours.(y)

I have met you before Larby.... A couple of times if memory serves.... :confused:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Thanks to the Marshalls. I really don't envy your job and the fact you keep doing it time after time, even when you are frozen, pelted with hailstones and soaked through you always keep smiling. Amazing people (y).

I was surprised at how few people actually needed the tractor.

I have just suffered brain freeze, I blame it on tiredness from a great weekend. Does anyone know if the gentleman who had the starter problems got away ok? I had to get back to work. I waited around as long as I could. I should remember his name but my brain has died sorry.

PS: I apologise if I did anything on Friday night. I was enjoying myself so much I didn't want to leave so dug out my bottle of Lambs Navy Rum. I knew I had too much when I woke up the next morning to find that I had switched on my 12V cooler when I got back to the van and deposited my phone in it. No idea what I was thinking :eek::LOL: but a flat habitation battery and a very cold phone was an unexpected result. The fact that I only usually use the rum for a little flavour for my coffee normally and I am not a spirit drinker makes me surprised that I managed to finish half the bottle and was up the next morning at 8am without a hangover... I remember very little after a certain point but what I do remember was fun :)
Absolute disgrace, only half the bottle!!

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
As marshals' we must thank those who supplied us with tea or coffee,tots of brandy, and sweets over the Thursday and Friday where it was not possible to get back to our own vans as Warners changed the entrance to come in. Once again thanks you very much.
Thanks from the marshals

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Thanks to the brilliant marshals, we had no problems getting off our pitch on Sunday, with our front wheels safely on hardish ground! We had a great weekend, despite the various types of weather. Wheaten Scottie did look nearer the colour of our black one, but newly purchased doggie bags kept the mud contained! Thank you to all involved!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i got off ok,i must report as well my air suspension is brill,took off straight after show crossed from harwich(absolute wicked crossing)to the hook nice drive trough holland crap roads as usual in belguim,now pitched for couple days at http://www.camping-alzingen.lu/ been here before and its lovely, as i said before thx to everyone hope to cya all soon,or maybe even get a rally going in beni

nickbailey

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Leics
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Chieftain
Exp
since 2005
Booked for early camping arriving on the Thursday First time at this show. Looking forward to meeting other Funsters hopefully we will get our official badges and name card this time.
Lets hope for fine/dry weather.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones see you on the 20th. Pete & Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back