Peterborough Show Cadac and Chefs desperately needed !!! (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we still need Cadacs for the Sunday breakfast.

::bigsmile: We are prepared to buy the bacon and rolls, but we are well loaded with Marquees ect and only have a small Cadac and that has to be plugged into our van BBQ point so not ideal. :Doh:

So we desperately need a couple of large Cadacs along with chefs to cook the bacon on Sunday morning, and a loan of some tables, to make it happen, we don't want a tonne of bacon in our freezer, and spend the rest of the week feeding ducks. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So if anyone has a large Cadac and wants to help out with the cooking it would be much appreciated. We can donate a propane gas bottle. :Smile: Bob.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
message from Sue .. not me

Hi, we still need Cadacs for the Sunday breakfast.

::bigsmile: We are prepared to buy the bacon and rolls, but we are well loaded with Marquees ect and only have a small Cadac and that has to be plugged into our van BBQ point so not ideal. :Doh:

So we desperately need a couple of large Cadacs along with chefs to cook the bacon on Sunday morning, and a loan of some tables, to make it happen, we don't want a tonne of bacon in our freezer, and spend the rest of the week feeding ducks. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So if anyone has a large Cadac and wants to help out with the cooking it would be much appreciated. We can donate a propane gas bottle. :Smile: Bob.

Sue says she is prepared to lend a hand or help out.. we do not have a cadac.. (Cobb would be useless).. we do have coleman petrol two ring stove if it would help.. but not as big as a cadac...

She will come and discuss what help she can give when we are there on Thursday.

Bob... no I did not volunteer her.. it was her idea:Sad:... I am on lugging duty on the scooter:Blush:.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'll bring 2 Cadac paella pans and two burners and 1 x marquee.

If anyone has any 3 by 3 garden gazebos then bring them along so we can add them to the marquees and make it look like a proper refugee camp:thumb: But we will need the space so bring one if you have it. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
3x3 pop up

have a 3x3 pop up, not been used in 2 years but seems ok::bigsmile:

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
we have a cadac you can borrow if you want,our cadac plugs into the van but we have a regulator if you have a gas bottle. We do not have a paella pan but we do have a hot plate if thats ok.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

If anyone has any 3 by 3 garden gazebos then bring them along so we can add them to the marquees and make it look like a proper refugee camp:thumb: But we will need the space so bring one if you have it. Thanks

With the two 6m x 3m marquees we are bringing with us we are getting there! Jane

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
we have a cadac you can borrow if you want,our cadac plugs into the van but we have a regulator if you have a gas bottle. We do not have a paella pan but we do have a hot plate if thats ok.

Hi Gaz, That will come in handy :Smile: Could Julie volunteer to help cook? Busman's holiday and all that :ROFLMAO: Jane

bazP

Free Member
Aug 8, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
I am a newbie
cooking

Hi guys - should be there from Friday but happy to do whatever is needed to help - more than happy to help with the prep/ cooking/ serving whenever you need it - ps after a bottle or so of merlot, I look like a garden gnome, will that help?

Baz

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:Eeek: after a bottle or so of merlot !!!!!!!

Is that before breakfast Baz ? Cooking starts at 9 on Sunday MORNING. :winky::ROFLMAO:

I look like a garden gnome, will that help? I would say yes, :winky: thanks for the offer. :thumb: Bob.

Jan 22, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Fleetwood Revolution 40d
Exp
Since January 2011
yogibear

We have a large cadac and are willing to help out with the cooking,:thumb:Graham an Sue:ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have one of the small butane camping stoves with us, a table to put it on, a (not massive) paella pan and four bottles of butane. Might not be much good for cooking but it could help keep the bacon warm :Smile:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks everyone, I think we will be OK for cooking, a couple of tables and some lights Solar / Battery or wind up would be great for the marquees, we try not to run the genny because it makes the funsters shout.:shout::shout::shout::shout: :winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As if they need an excuse...........................Jim. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks all the happy helpers I'm sure it will be another great meet. :thumb: Bob.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I have some lights loaded.

The table in my van is a free standing one so can be used Sunday morning.

Just off to my local corner shop (Lidl) to get some last minute supplies and then off to Peterborough (Ferry Meddows) this afternoon.:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just wondering if Jim ever got those heaters we were on about at the Stratford meet last year. I have a funny feeling we will need them this weekend :cry:

I have 1 ring burner and spare bottles of gas if needed. You won't see me Sunday morning though as I sleep in usually:winky:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

We will have plenty of Cadacs available at Whitby ::bigsmile: but it seems the marquee's are like rocking horse muck.:Angry:

What do we have to do to get a Marquee in the North ?, and whilst I'm on the subject, a gas fired heated blower wouldnt go amiss either for us poor relations up here ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Lots of people have 3 by 3 gazebos, just 3 of them are bigger than my marquee and that weighs a ton and needs a trailer. I will be bringing a heater, but if its cold there will need to be slot meter for gas:roflmto:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We will have plenty of Cadacs available at Whitby ::bigsmile: but it seems the marquee's are like rocking horse muck.:Angry:

What do we have to do to get a Marquee in the North ?, and whilst I'm on the subject, a gas fired heated blower wouldnt go amiss either for us poor relations up here ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We have one of those orange gas fired heater blower what ever its called. Shall we bring it to Whitby ?? Though there would be no point if we dont have a big awning /marquee would there? It would just be blowing in the wind::bigsmile:
I thought we would be using the school to congregate in . Can we rent a room , i know thats whats happened on some other rallies we have been to.
Bev

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have one of those orange gas fired heater blower what ever its called. Shall we bring it to Whitby ?? Though there would be no point if we dont have a big awning /marquee would there? It would just be blowing in the wind::bigsmile:
I thought we would be using the school to congregate in . Can we rent a room , i know thats whats happened on some other rallies we have been to.
Bev

Yes Bev, I believe we have a room in the school at our disposal, I was justing getting a little gripe off my chest :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Seems like it fell on stony ground:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

eg like the last time we were at Whitby in November, when a wind tight marquee and a blower heater would have been a godsend :restmycase::restmycase::restmycase:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes Bev, I believe we have a room in the school at our disposal, I was justing getting a little gripe off my chest :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Seems like it fell on stony ground:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

eg like the last time we were at Whitby in November, when a wind tight marquee and a blower heater would have been a godsend :restmycase::restmycase::restmycase:

I take a marquee to over ten events a year, much as I'd like to, I can't visit every rally.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I will have my cadac with me too if it is needed.. I can proly arrange a plug in to a bottle

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Lots of people have 3 by 3 gazebos, just 3 of them are bigger than my marquee and that weighs a ton and needs a trailer. I will be bringing a heater, but if its cold there will need to be slot meter for gas:roflmto:

I will bring a spare 11KG gas bottle that can be borrowed if needed...

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes bring it along, :winky: just in case it rains, we don't want people standing outside that don't smoke. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We are stuck over in the show area but if you need to borrow one of my gas bottles you are welcome to do so.

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
We've got a small cadac, can't vouch for my cooking skills but we'll bring it anyway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back