Pet Passport worming for 5 Euros (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Hi, This may be of use if you are stopping off at Kugenhof or surrounding and need to get your dog wormed - a good guy, he has set times but we rocked up and he did the job whilst we waited - 5 Euros!!!
Drs P.B. van den Hurk
Lijnbaaweg 35
2201 LC Noordwijk
Tel 071-3615305
paulvandenhurk@live.nl
hours 08.30 - 09.00 / 14.30 - 15.00 / 19.00 - 20.00

cheers,
simple soul

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Thats a great price, cheapest we got so far was at Oradour sur Vayes near Parc Verger. About €18 for two dogs.
Still pricey when you can buy the same tablets here ( Drontal) for about £3 each or less.
Allan

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Allanm - have you an address for the Vet?

Is it Rue de General de Gaulle or Residence des Fontaines?

:france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
out of curiosity where are you travelling back from?

we love north sea ferries, but don't fancy the dubious looking kennels used by the lorry drivers

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Allanm - have you an address for the Vet?

Is it Rue de General de Gaulle or Residence des Fontaines?

:france::france::france:

It's shown as rue de Genaral de Gaulle but it is on Residence des Fontaines, it's a newish building on the left. We found it more by luck than anything.
Great vets too. The one we saw, who looked about 11, spoke good English.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We went to the vet here in Arques on Friday. The vet had very little English but had his translator with him! You can turn up without an appointment in the afternoon and they seemed very organised.

Four fox terriers examined and wormed and admired - I think they thought we were mad travelling with four dogs! The cost was €60 (€15 per dog)

The address is 35 Avenue General de Galle

Kath

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Another vet close to Parc Verger

A vet that I use for our dog is at 6 rue Nationale, Châlus, tel +33 5 55 69 34 30. There are three of them there and they all speak at least some English. GPS 45 39' 17.73" N, 0 58' 50.80" E and can be found on Google Earth (Derom Couartu)

J

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Pilote87 - do you remember the price you paid last time you used the Vet in Chalus?

M

Madwife

Deleted User
One thing we didn't say on our previous post was that when the vet was checking over the dogs he could not pick up Rory's microchip. We knew it was there as we had all four dogs microchips detected by our own vet before we travelled. The vet thought it may have been his scanner and didn't seem perturbed as we told him via his interpreter that it had been detected by our own vet.

Needless to say although both of us knew he was ok and the chip was still in him, we were both secretly worried at to what would happen if it wasn't picked up at the Eurotunnel. When we got to the pet check in at the Eurotunnel we had Rory scanned first and lo and behold as soon as the scanner was within a foot of him it beeped and picked it up:Smile: relief all round!

Kath

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Easter

Will be looking for a vets that will be open over the Easter as we catch our ferry back to the uk on the 24th at 10.00am:Doh:
Dunkirk will try Alencon area as there are 3 in the area, great google map thanks for that.
Laurie ash

Apr 10, 2014
glasgow
Funster No
MH
iveco conversion
Exp
We went to the vet here in Arques on Friday. The vet had very little English but had his translator with him! You can turn up without an appointment in the afternoon and they seemed very organised.

Four fox terriers examined and wormed and admired - I think they thought we were mad travelling with four dogs! The cost was €60 (€15 per dog)

The address is 35 Avenue General de Galle

Kath

OMG four fox terriers, we travel with one and thats mad enough!

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
It's shown as rue de Genaral de Gaulle but it is on Residence des Fontaines, it's a newish building on the left. We found it more by luck than anything.
Great vets too. The one we saw, who looked about 11, spoke good English.

Hi Allanm ... would I be right in thinking the address is near Port of Calais

Thanks ..:thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Will be looking for a vets that will be open over the Easter as we catch our ferry back to the uk on the 24th at 10.00am:Doh:
Dunkirk will try Alencon area as there are 3 in the area, great google map thanks for that.
Laurie ash

I used the Ave du Quakebruck vet in Alencon last time I came over from France. Think they only charged me €30 for 2 dogs ( was charged £63 year before at another vet) the surgery is in a complex--- vet sign on post in road, turn in and there's lots of parking. If you prefer continue for less than 1 km to supermarket and walk back, which is what I did. Good English and no appointment necessary.

€5 incredibly cheap but I'm still glad I'm not going abroad again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back