Pet Insurance

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Loujess, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

We are off to France for 6 weeks in May and I'm just checking all our insurances and so on. Ellie, our cav, is insured with More Than but the policy only covers her for 21 days abroad each year and they can't do a top up. Has anybody else had this problem and how was it resolved?

Ivy

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I am with NFU with my 2 Great Danes.

Bruno cost them £8000 last year in operation and is now on metacam for arthritis all paid for less £50 excess.

Whatever you do get a FOR LIFE policy as they cant cancel your policy if the dogs gets expensive one year.

£54 a month but mine are 2 big dogs and prone to problems

3. Loujess

Hi John
    That sounds cheap for such big dogs. I pay £18.99 for Ellie and she's only small. I'll call NFU and see what they can do. Thank you.

Ivy

4. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

We use the caravan clubs pet policy and that is for life too, I have a greyhound who this year is classed as an old dog so the policy went up £236 for the year

5. Loujess

Crikey, do you mean up TO £236 or BY £236?

NFU won't take her unless she has a hip score and eye test. AXA, who are the CC insurers, have quoted me a decent price, £220 pa, will cover her for up to 60 days abroad pa so that will suit us. I suppose all the companies put up pet insurance when the dog becomes old since it is a greater risk.

Ivy

6. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

soory loujess, i wasnt very clear was I, it went up to 236 from 182 the previous year so i asked why seeing as we hadnt made a claim and was told it was because she is 8 this year and so classed as an old/mature dog and as dogs get older they get more wrong with them so the big jump in policy price