Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We are off to France for 6 weeks in May and I'm just checking all our insurances and so on. Ellie, our cav, is insured with More Than but the policy only covers her for 21 days abroad each year and they can't do a top up. Has anybody else had this problem and how was it resolved?

Ivy

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am with NFU with my 2 Great Danes.

Bruno cost them £8000 last year in operation and is now on metacam for arthritis all paid for less £50 excess.

Whatever you do get a FOR LIFE policy as they cant cancel your policy if the dogs gets expensive one year.

£54 a month but mine are 2 big dogs and prone to problems

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi John
That sounds cheap for such big dogs. I pay £18.99 for Ellie and she's only small. I'll call NFU and see what they can do. Thank you.

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We use the caravan clubs pet policy and that is for life too, I have a greyhound who this year is classed as an old dog so the policy went up £236 for the year

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Crikey, do you mean up TO £236 or BY £236?

NFU won't take her unless she has a hip score and eye test. AXA, who are the CC insurers, have quoted me a decent price, £220 pa, will cover her for up to 60 days abroad pa so that will suit us. I suppose all the companies put up pet insurance when the dog becomes old since it is a greater risk.

Ivy

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
soory loujess, i wasnt very clear was I, it went up to 236 from 182 the previous year so i asked why seeing as we hadnt made a claim and was told it was because she is 8 this year and so classed as an old/mature dog and as dogs get older they get more wrong with them so the big jump in policy price

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back