Pet Insurance recommendations please! (1 Viewer)

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Calling all Funster dog owners :shout:

This has probably come up before but here goes.:Smile:

We are
Confused (.com) :RollEyes:

We have just got a lovely little rescued [B]Irish Jack Russell[/B] and are wondering what pet insurance we should get and whether or not it covers her on our continental tours. :Smile:

Who do you insure your with?
All recommendations welcome! :roflmto:
Mike and Annie :Cool:::bigsmile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We use Argos.... yes Argos for our cats and Tesco for our Dog, Tesco been good so far cover throughout EU get a reduction if you have a club card etc..

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we use petplan and have found them excellent over the years despite being slightly more expensive. they insure the pet for life all the time you keep up the insurance. others exclude cover for something paid out for previously

for example my old boy smashed his hip aged 4 and petplan were still covering care for that leg when he left us for rainbow bridge aged 16. over that time we received cover totalling £6000 or more. the supermarket type insurance would only of paid for the first operation up to a set financial limit

our vets also endorse petplan saying they are the most professional and easiest to deal with....always a bonus

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Thanks PhilD and TheBig1

I have to admit we never insured our previous dogs (two) and paid up-front for any visits to the vet - once for an eye operation which cost over £600. We figured if you can manage to cover these costs it's probably a lot cheaper in the long run.:RollEyes:
Of course we might have come unstuck if one had attacked another dog or person!:Eeek:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Morethan. Fantastic cover but less than Petplan. My daughter's doggie, Phoebe (also my doggie's daughter) has cost £8,000 at the vets in 3 years. Although my daughter pays the excess, she is still in pocket. The only problem is that due to Phoebe's mishaps, the monthly insurance is now £46 per month. What can you do? Since she was spayed before her first season, she is an eternal puppy. I think the whole family would contribute to Phoebe's care if necessary. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back