Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Guys,, the post you are referring to has something called irony in it !
BigBusMan was basically taking the pee out of many of the so called 'drivers' who are on the roads now

You thought it had but, latter he managed to proved that you were wrong however, it was a pleasure to have been patronised!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You thought it had but, latter he managed to proved that you were wrong however, it was a pleasure to have been patronised!

Ummm.. well that baffled me !
I just reread all this thread and apart from a bit more irony ( pee taking :) ) I can see nothing posted to suggest B B M was doing anything other than taking the rise ?
Perhaps you could point me in the direction of the post that makes you think anything differently ??

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am not saying you should ignor other road users but basically not get wound up by them, true you are always going to get those drivers that seem to want to involve you in some way, usually taking your safe space but due to their unknown nowledge that you can't stop a 3 ton vehicle on a sixpence you have to try and make allowances for them.

Nope.. still do not see it ??

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
My pet hates are rats followed by snakes. Why! When you can have a nice German Shepherd.

LOL .... rats AND snakes ? Well my small Max got both. Last time the mechanic opened the bonnet, he found the rats poos , AND a dead snake in my engine! He asked me on the phone if it was some sort of Zoo and if he had to wear special clothes against the dangerous ones!:LOL:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! I have found a few surprises in vehicles over the years but NEVER a snake !!!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I have driven many many motorway miles & detest those who think that an indicator gives them the handed right to change lanes, its as if they think they have a magic halo that'll allow them to change lanes without looking or waiting for a gap.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have driven many many motorway miles & detest those who think that an indicator gives them the handed right to change lanes, its as if they think they have a magic halo that'll allow them to change lanes without looking or waiting for a gap.
You should leave enough space in front for others wishing to overtake to pull into. Are you sure you are not traveling too close to the car in front.:)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sp you are driving along.. gap plenty big enough for someone to over take and pull in.
They pull in, you have to slow a bit and drop back to make gap big enough again..
On a really busy motorway you could end up going backwards ! LOL !!!!

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
The people that live in the countryside and spot a motorbike in their mirror. They decide that because they know the road so well it's ok to travel like a complete and utter prat in order to stop the bike overtaking.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
OK I have many pet hates, I think the top of the list is the people who are scared of lane 3 of the motorway. You know the type, you're travelling along quite nicely, making progress past the slower vehicles in lane 1. Up ahead, something or other will cause lane 2 to slow. Now when I observe this, I will indicate and move over into the completely empty third lane, and start to overtake the cars who have "slammed on" to avoid having to move into the scary third lane.
Next is the annoying part, whatever the obstruction, usually an HGV overtaking will eventually return to lane 1. Then all the muppets in lane to accelerate back up to 90. Usually whilst someone is right next to them in lane 3!!! GRRR!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Having condemned cyclists for riding two abreast down country lanes can I add as a cyclist how increasingly pissed off I'm getting by pedestrians who insist on walking in clearly marked off-road cycle lanes? I don't mean shared public footpaths or tracks, I mean the urban and suburban pathways where the bike bit is clearly marked out by having red tarmac and lots of bikes painted along it at regular intervals, and the people bit is a different path altogether. We don't 'get' cycle lanes yet in this country do we? Try straying onto the wrong path in the Netherlands and you'll quickly learn the Dutch word for 'twat' before being run down by a battered black beast of a bicycle.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Why do women when shopping in super markets stand with the shopping trolley at arms length at 45 degrees blocking the aisle ? They then glare at you for daring to push their trolley out of the way, may be why shopping is a pet hate. Haha

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Why do women when shopping in super markets stand with the shopping trolley at arms length at 45 degrees blocking the aisle ? They then glare at you for daring to push their trolley out of the way, may be why shopping is a pet hate. Haha
The ones I hate leave the shopping trolley at 90 degrees, forming a complete block of the aisle whilst they browse. Personally I take their trolley to the far side of the shop! :D

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Having condemned cyclists for riding two abreast down country lanes can I add as a cyclist how increasingly pissed off I'm getting by pedestrians who insist on walking in clearly marked off-road cycle lanes? I don't mean shared public footpaths or tracks, I mean the urban and suburban pathways where the bike bit is clearly marked out by having red tarmac and lots of bikes painted along it at regular intervals, and the people bit is a different path altogether. We don't 'get' cycle lanes yet in this country do we? Try straying onto the wrong path in the Netherlands and you'll quickly learn the Dutch word for 'twat' before being run down by a battered black beast of a bicycle.

Isn't it interesting that whatever mode of transport we are using at the time the one with the slowest mode is always the one at we hate.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I posted this on youtube a while back, a compilation of all my pet hates. Includes some footage from the car, and some from the van. Mostly from the van, people seem to drive more like dicks when they are around motorhomes! :D

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I’m an animal lover but not a pet keeper.

I’ve been very fortunate in my life to have been able to visit a number of African game parks on numerous occasions and every visit has been a magical experience.

My passion is elephants but creatures as lowly as wart hogs have an equal place and it’s just amazing to see them roaming freely and to experience being an outsider in their world – like a zoo in reverse – I’m the caged exhibit.

So, my pet hate is animals in captivity and worse of all, performing animals in circuses – and yes, they do still exist and people do still pay to watch them and take their children along – that’s a very nice way to bring up children – very educational!

There is an argument that zoos do a great job in educating children who would never get the chance of seeing animals in the wild – what a feeble excuse for a money making racket. Have you ever seen hyenas pacing up and down their cage in London zoo? They do it all day, every day, until they die. If zoos are to exist they should be purely for breeding endangered species for return to the wild.

And no, I don't keep a budgerigar (or a goldfish)! :)

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
1. Knobheads who deliberately sit astride a dual carriageway's white lines hundreds of yards ahead of cones that are blocking one of the lanes. Why? To stop you driving down to the cones and 'pushing in' of course. In this country we queue in single file at least half a mile short of the obstruction and leave the other lane completely empty. Never mind that merging alternately at the cones is a) recommended in the Highway Code and b) a quicker way for everyone to drive through the coned area.

2. Cyclists who ride side by side down narrow country lanes when single file would be a lot safer for everyone.

3. Pretty much anyone round our way in a BMW, Audi or VW Golf (the nursery car of choice for the aspiring BMW/Audi driver).

4. Chelsea tractor drivers taking little Tarquin and Africa quarter of a mile from home to school and driving like they're part of an action scene in Homeland.

5. Anyone incapable of reversing into their drive when it opens onto a busy road. How do they leave home each morning? By blindly reversing into the aforementioned busy road.

6. Incompetents who can't park straight in a simple sodding supermarket parking bay (see 4 above).

7. Those who feel they have to park right next to my MH at the supermarket when I've deliberately parked in an empty area. Of course I don't need to open the side doors do I?

8. T junction chancers who think they'll slip out in front of that oncoming MH because he's bound to be driving at only 40mph (see 3 above).
All that angst must be exhausting??

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Everybody seems to have a different view on what makes a good driver, some like to overtake early and others seem to tailgate then overtake they can't both be right??

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Good points all round folks. I think they should ask people if they want indicators or not when they buy a car, because so many have them but don't bother to use 'em. Courtesy on the roads nowadays is quite a rarity, and I'm sorry to say it isn't always the younger generation that are to blame. I've seen a fair share of my generation (coming up for the big seven oh) just as ignorant. As has been said on here you must drive defensively and watch out for other drivers to do something out the blue which could potentially cause an accident

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
A slip road is for traffic to get up to speed with the traffic on the motorway, then 'merge' with the moving traffic. However, some folk won't allow traffic in, and some members of the middle lane owners club won't allow the 1st lane traffic to move over allowing the merging traffic in. Bad driving, and inconsiderate driving, brasses me off!

Craig
Lack of anticipation by a lot of drivers not matching speed to traffic already on the M-way and then slotting in either in front of a slower moving vehicle or behind one that is travelling at a quicker pace. Just lack of common sense and judgement

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back