Pension Tax free lump sum could be a thing of the past..... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Being a bit of a sceptic I rather suspect the retrospective application refers to those who have already taken it rather than those that have one saved. Where any lumps taken after its introduction will be taxed regardless of when the contributions were made.
But it says:

"The Isa approach would stop people building up any more tax-free lump sums on future pension savings"​

It therefore implies that if you're already got pension savings built up it would by default be exempt from being taxed, regardless of when you take it. I'll have to do some digging and see if I can come up with more info.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
But it says:

"The Isa approach would stop people building up any more tax-free lump sums on future pension savings"​

It therefore implies that if you're already got pension savings built up it would by default be exempt from being taxed, regardless of when you take it. I'll have to do some digging and see if I can come up with more info.
I'd feel happier if that was case, sadly this would be impossible to administrate, and more importantly wouldn't give Gideon the tax take he needs to address the slowing economy.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'd feel happier if that was case, sadly this would be impossible to administrate, and more importantly wouldn't give Gideon the tax take he needs to address the slowing economy.
Since when has that ever stopped them doing anything! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back