LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi anyone know of somewhere we can spend next weeks bank holiday weekend in Pembrokeshire? It will be us in the van, son in tent with car and maybe the dog.

Thought some fellow Funsters might have a hidden gem!

We will have the kayaks on the car so near the coast would be good.

Not members of cc or ccc but would consider joining either.

Thanks in advance. Mousy. :thumb:

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
Hi Mousy (and Spousy::bigsmile:)
You could try Wisemans Bridge near Saundersfoot, 50 m to beach and pub.
Caer fai bay at St.Davids, fabulous views,very exposed, steep cliff path to beach.
Newgail beach camping, between Haverfordwest and St Davids, no booking
It seems ages since Chester. How was your trip to France? We are sailing Dover Calais on BH Sunday, return end of June. No itinerary yet! Any suggestions?

Good luck
Martin and Carron:thumb:

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Trefalen Farm near Bosherston Lakes and Broadhaven South beach :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There is a CC site at Freshwater East.

Seriously good kayaking beach.

Popular site though so could be full. They do get a lot of cancellations though so its worth ringing the site.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Mousy (and Spousy::bigsmile:)
You could try Wisemans Bridge near Saundersfoot, 50 m to beach and pub.
Caer fai bay at St.Davids, fabulous views,very exposed, steep cliff path to beach.
Newgail beach camping, between Haverfordwest and St Davids, no booking
It seems ages since Chester. How was your trip to France? We are sailing Dover Calais on BH Sunday, return end of June. No itinerary yet! Any suggestions?

Good luck
Martin and Carron:thumb:

Hello old friends, lucky you off to France we had an amazing time. France is soooo easy to motorhome in. We stayed at a couple of good aires on the way down to ill de re. Spent a week on the island which is beautiful, flat, full of cyclists. Very chilled there with interesting ports and harbour villages had some epic meals out. We would go back or visit the next island down. Sorry haven't got my log book or map in front of me, but if you want the details let me know. :thumb: hope you are both well, wishing you blue sky's and empty roads! Xx

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for the suggestions will check them all out. :thumb: and report back after the weekend.

Sadly France was so good, so well set up for Le Camping Car it's rather spoiled it for us here. :cry: we really felt the freedom of motor-homing there.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi anyone know of somewhere we can spend next weeks bank holiday weekend in Pembrokeshire? It will be us in the van, son in tent with car and maybe the dog.

Thought some fellow Funsters might have a hidden gem!

We will have the kayaks on the car so near the coast would be good.

Not members of cc or ccc but would consider joining either.

Thanks in advance. Mousy. :thumb:

Stayed at Caerfai about 7 or 8 years ago. Excellent location for the coast and easy walk into St Davids.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
swanseajack13

the snooty fox inn haverfordwest large field no problem parking pub with great food on site 01834891300 hope this helps ray:Cool:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've stayed a Llethyr farm about 3 miles out of St David's and about 1/2 mile from Whitesands beach. Private owned site.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
swanseajack13

snooty fox inn haverfordwest sa67 8ad large field good food fine ale good location ray:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Good site at Newgale.. accoss the road from a cracking beach.. http://newgalecampingsite.co.uk/

Google map

GPS 51.855158,-5.124802

EDIT

just noticed, NO dogs on this site:Sad:

DOGS
Sorry, but we do not allow dogs on site.

If you have a dog and would like to camp in Newgale please call us, as we can advise you where to find a campsite nearby that does take dogs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Jim we know Newgale very well and that campsite is next to a pub and a shop. I think it's only recently letting motorhomes stay, it used to take vw type small campers but I can't remember seeing any motorhomes there. It's a good location but the bottom half was very wet and the rest of the site is on a slope we would have given it a go this weekend but as you say they've now banned dogs.

Thanks for everyone's help. I think I've found somewhere. I'll report back after we've tried it.

Hope everyone has a sunny bank hols where ever you are and if any Funsters are around Pembrokeshire next weekend. Give us a shout. ::bigsmile:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Newgale campsite. Straightforward field with bogs/showers etc, good central location for exploring up and down the coast, huge sandy beach within a pebble's throw. Plenty of pebbles to throw too. Surf shop with board hire if you like that sort of thing, nearby pub, and bus stop for various coastal bus services, which are handy for combining with coastal path walks.

Just seen the earlier post re Newgale - they've let MHs in for at least that last 3-4 years, as we've been there. No caravans allowed.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back