LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Thinking heading off that way next year pulling in maybe the Harz and Berlin. Anyone been over that way? Worth it?

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Yes, well worth it.
We visited Peenemuende and Prora back in 2011 on the way to Denmark.

At Peenemunde you can get a tour around a Russian sub and visit the V2 museum, There used to be overnight parking tollerated on the rough ground approaching the museum but we stayed at a stellplatz near an old marina at Lutow Netzelkow just to the southeast.

Prora also well worth it, Hitlers derelict holiday complex was spooky.
To get across to Rugen we took the ferry from Stahlbrode which was only €9 at the time, there was also a stellplatz there by the boat departure point where we stayed the night.
On Rugen you can stay at Wohnmobil Oase Rugen which is just up the road from Prora or maybe stay overnight in the carpark further north at Sassnitz Neu Mukran, motorhomes were charged €6.50 per night on our visit.
If I can find the coords i'll post them if req'd

Pee

OP
OP
Chipster

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Thank you. I've only just seen your reply!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've been to the Harz a couple of times when I lived in Germany. As mountains go they are "underwhelming" but the area has that cozy well organised German feel. Very Germanic, we went to a restaurant and ordered the soup of the day but the waitress said as English we wouldn't like it! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back