LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Following on from Jim's thread "What are you doing this weekend?", well I've cleaned the roof of the motorhome which takes some doing with it's non slip surface and just finished the rest of the bodywork which is a still a pain but relatively easy.

Not that I haven't noticed before but the graphics have blistered badly and are peeling away in places and I wonder if funsters have any views on how easy they are to peel off and replace with something else, or not. What am I going to find left on the bodywork and will I wish I'd left them alone? :cry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi warm them up with hot air gun and peel off -wipe down with petrol soaked paper towel to remove sticky residue :thumb:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You can always buy some posh/expensive glue remover :ROFLMAO: The idea is to remove all stickers then tackle the residue :thumb: would not want anyone pouring / soaking the van with petrol then putting the heat gun on it :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I had a similar problem last year and received plenty of advice on Broken Link Removed

Where the graphic was is still a bit whiter than the surrounding area as I've never had time to really investigate a solution other than cleaning. As we are going to be looking to change the van in a few months I probably never will find a solution :Smile:

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
DONT SMOKE WHEN YOU DO IT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Trust Yosser to come up with his usual helpful response! :winky:

Now Terry mentions petrol for the residue I often use WD40 for sticky labels and the like, I'll read Graham's thread before I do anything else, anyway it's dark now! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
My graphics started to peel off so I took it to our local sign company & they copied them & replaced with much better quality material. They removed mine so I don't know how they did it.

I asked how long this new graphic will last & was told it should last as it's the same material as applied to Virgin Atlantic planes, so I should be OK as long as I don't go over 600 mph or over 40,000 feet. :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Following on from Jim's thread "What are you doing this weekend?", well I've cleaned the roof of the motorhome which takes some doing with it's non slip surface and just finished the rest of the bodywork which is a still a pain but relatively easy.

Not that I haven't noticed before but the graphics have blistered badly and are peeling away in places and I wonder if funsters have any views on how easy they are to peel off and replace with something else, or not. What am I going to find left on the bodywork and will I wish I'd left them alone? :cry:

This is common on the Autocruise seen it happen on several . On a friends van he peeled it off slowly with the help of a hairdryer , he then had new ones made different material and design looked great the only problem was you could still see the shadow from the old graphics , and no amount of polishing would get rid of it :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back