Peeling graphics.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bailey58, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Following on from Jim's thread "What are you doing this weekend?", well I've cleaned the roof of the motorhome which takes some doing with it's non slip surface and just finished the rest of the bodywork which is a still a pain but relatively easy.

Not that I haven't noticed before but the graphics have blistered badly and are peeling away in places and I wonder if funsters have any views on how easy they are to peel off and replace with something else, or not. What am I going to find left on the bodywork and will I wish I'd left them alone? :cry:

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi warm them up with hot air gun and peel off -wipe down with petrol soaked paper towel to remove sticky residue :thumb:
    terry

3. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

DONT SMOKE WHEN YOU DO IT :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. Terry

Terry Funster

You can always buy some posh/expensive glue remover :Rofl1: The idea is to remove all stickers then tackle the residue :thumb: would not want anyone pouring / soaking the van with petrol then putting the heat gun on it :thumb::BigGrin:
    terry

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I had a similar problem last year and received plenty of advice on This Thread.

Where the graphic was is still a bit whiter than the surrounding area as I've never had time to really investigate a solution other than cleaning. As we are going to be looking to change the van in a few months I probably never will find a solution :Smile:

6. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Trust Yosser to come up with his usual helpful response! :Wink:

Now Terry mentions petrol for the residue I often use WD40 for sticky labels and the like, I'll read Graham's thread before I do anything else, anyway it's dark now! :thumb:

7. keith

keith Funster

My graphics started to peel off so I took it to our local sign company & they copied them & replaced with much better quality material. They removed mine so I don't know how they did it.

I asked how long this new graphic will last & was told it should last as it's the same material as applied to Virgin Atlantic planes, so I should be OK as long as I don't go over 600 mph or over 40,000 feet. :Eeek: :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

And have you managed to resist the temptation? :Laughing::Laughing:

9. stagman

stagman Deleted User

This is common on the Autocruise seen it happen on several . On a friends van he peeled it off slowly with the help of a hairdryer , he then had new ones made different material and design looked great the only problem was you could still see the shadow from the old graphics , and no amount of polishing would get rid of it :thumb: