Peculiar noise! (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi all, we have a 2005 Autotrail Cheyenne fitted wit a 2.8 Fiat deisel engine, it has done 13000 miles and had the cam belt changed last year due to age rather than mileage.I have a noise that is really bugging me, and as we are taking off on a long European trip shortly I would like to put my mind at rest.When starting the engine from cold there is a sort of rattly almost chain like noise from the top of the engine at the cam belt end.It disappears after a couple of minutes and only reappears when the engine is cold.Any ideas??? I have a mechanic coming round tomorrow to have a listen but was wondering if it is one of those "they all do it things" or similar.
Cheers Paul.

There is a metal tube that carries cooling water at the top of the engine, it is above and behind the plastic cam shaft cover. There are plastic snap attachments that go around the pipe, check to see if these have been replaced if not it can allow the pipe to vibrate at certain engine rev's and the pipe can be striking the metal bracket the the retainers are fitted to.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back