Peaks motorhomes chesterfield (1 Viewer)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Hi all , Just a quickie. Has anyone had any dealings with this company and were they good? A friend of mine wants to buy a van they have for sale and would like to know if they are reliable , cheers. Sean

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
He is just down the road from us, bit of an 'honest John' motor dealer, I would not expect much comeback in case of warranty need, but he does seem to pick some decent motorhomes, we bought our first one from him

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
I've not bought a MH from them but they have been very helpful when I've popped in and asked a question or two.

If you live reasonably local I can't think you'd have much trouble sorting out any problems as he needs to keep a good reputation to stay in business.

Make sure the person who buys the MH has a word with the previous owner of any MH you're wanting to buy before parting with cash which should at least reassure the buyer.

The owner is a Motorhomer so he knows what he's talking about and he's not just a salesman with little experience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We bought our autocruise alto from him in November and there have been no problems. He is very selective about what he buys from the auctions.
The 3 month warranty he offers is not brilliant as you have to pay the first 250. I would be very careful what you buy from him, but he does source some good MHs and he is genuine.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
E.mailed in November and December as we wanted to look at a new Laika they had and still have advertised. Never replied to four e.mails, we will not bother with them again.

Deleted User
We tried emailing them when we were buying our MH they dont seem to use the internet.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Electraglide - they don't seem to have the Laika advertised on their website, as far as I can see, but why would you want to buy a MH, new or not, about 175 miles from your home?

Isn't there somewhere considerably nearer - which would be better if their was a problem with the vehicle - it would be a heck of a long way to take it for repairs?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Purchased a Bentley from them in 2011. Found them OK to buy from but cannot vouch for any aftersales as the Bentley never needed work done. I gather Richard Bentley was/or is working for them in the accessory department or new build area????
He was always totally reliable when he owned Autocruise with his father.

Big Deefer

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Purchased our compass from him three years ago. He buys good vans, is a no nonsense normal bloke,
We never had a problem, but you wouldn't expect one with a six year old vehicle with only 11,000 on the clock,
He buys/sells good stuff

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Electraglide - they don't seem to have the Laika advertised on their website, as far as I can see, but why would you want to buy a MH, new or not, about 175 miles from your home?

Isn't there somewhere considerably nearer - which would be better if their was a problem with the vehicle - it would be a heck of a long way to take it for repairs?

I just wanted to have a look at the layout, I was in Derby for a party that weekend.
Southdowns are considerably closer and Laika dealers but do not have that model on their forecourt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back