Peak District camping

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Coopit, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Coopit

Coopit Funster

Not sure if this is the right place to post, or if any can help.

Next Sunday my son and I are heading the to Peak District on our motorbikes, we are looking for a campsite for couple of nights. Not easy to search online, we need good facilities and a decent access road to pitches. We are approaching from East Anglia, so looking for a site our site of the Peak District; allowing us to explore the area on the second day and not waste travelling time.

I have just joined C&CC, but open to any site suggestions.

We need to book a,s,a,p, would welcome your input.

2. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Hi Coopit,

Just on the south side edging the Peak District (so the right side for you) near Ashbourne, is Callow Top Holiday Park. We have stayed there a few times in the motorhome.
    They have a pub restaurant and chip shop on site and they have fields at the top specifically for tents.
    It's a nice site, and nice biking roads all around..(y)

When we have stayed there they had a 2 night for the price of 1 offer.........:)

http://www.callowtop.co.uk/

3. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

One of my favorite place to ride is the peaks, if your near by its worth popping into Castleton (nice little village) and always a few bikes on the main car park - you have the snake pass just up the road from there with all reservoirs (always worth a look at) and a fair few campsites too just outside Castleton - a few more on the Buxton road from Ashbourne (y)

4. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

Found this site when we were doing the Monsal Trail. Lovely little site and very clean.
    beechcroftfarm.co.uk

5. The Dude

The Dude Funster

6. Coopit

Coopit Funster

What a great forum and members. Thanks for the much needed help and suggestions. Beach Croft Farm was fully booked, but Upper Hurst Farm was very helpful. They are putting us on a caravan pitch so we have hard standing for the bikes. Gallow Top looked good but tried the others first.

We will take up Toxic Clown's suggestions, thanks.

We will also check out the area ready for a M/H trip off season.

Thanks again for your prompt responses

• Like Like x 1
  7. Debs

Debs Funster

Hi, have a look at Leek too if you have time, interesting place and surrounding areas. As it's in Staffs it doesn't get the crowds like alot of the Peak towns.

You could do Buxton, Cat & Fiddle then across the a53 to Leek. The cc and c&cc have both got sites on this road, can't remember the name of the pub nearby but it's very nice. Lots of cls and cs' around here too.

Also depending which way you're travelling up you know it's obligatory to call at CMC Clay Cross for a wander round the bikes and a cuppa - or so my OH tells me:LOL:

• Like Like x 1