Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi there the good lady and i are going away for 3 days over the weekend ,anyone know of any nice campsites , Peak Districk or Lake Districk ,:Smile::Smile:

Ash:thumb::thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi there the good lady and i are going away for 3 days over the weekend ,anyone know of any nice campsites , Peak Districk or Lake Districk ,:Smile::Smile:

Ash:thumb::thumb:
You wont go wrong with this;

Link Removed

Ilam is an excellent place to base yourself for some amazing Peak District scenery with Dovedale just a walk up the road (dont bother taking the mh as the one and only carpark is often packed out).

I used to cycle here every weekend and stay at Ilam Hall YH (about 30 miles from my home)......as a fourteen year old lad. Most kids that age balk at the very idea of venturing much further than the end of their road.....any further and mummy willingly gets the Tonka Tank out. :RollEyes:

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
site

lickpenny near tansley.just outside matlock.lovely site but expensive,veiws to die for especially if you park on the top corner of the site.take you binoculars if you go.there is a garden centre that serves good food a short walk away and breakfasts.muz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
large level site at Portinscale....between keswick and briathwaite...name unknown. you can see it from the road

castle rigg campsite....1 mile east of keswick....2 min walk to pub

Low wray campsite...on the B5286 waterhead to hawkshead road

Park coppice CC site....south of coniston on the left....10 min woodland walk to pub.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
There's also Losehill Caravan Club site just outside (really - about 200 metres) Castleton (just west of Hope) which is quite a pretty village with a bit of a bus service, lots of good walking, Blue John Caverns, and some good food to be had in the pub on the right by the Visitors Centre - can't remember its name :Doh: - Bull's Head she thinks::bigsmile:. The Pub just past the corner on the side street to the left just before The Castle did a nice lunch too (no idea what that was called either).

Have a good time.

John

(Peak District by the way)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ash

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks for all your replys ,we have decided to go to Sandford now nr Bournemouth for a nice stroll along Sandbanks beach and a pint in the pub :Smile:

Ash..

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Thanks for all your replys ,we have decided to go to Sandford now nr Bournemouth for a nice stroll along Sandbanks beach and a pint in the pub :Smile:

Ash..

now then Ash, let me think, bournmouth/peak district? slightly similar places. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back