onthebeach

Formerly 'Leggo'
Jul 19, 2009
Southern Spain
Funster No
Exp
5 yrs
Hello,

I have a Acer Aspire one pro laptop but unfortunately I am having problems with the sound in as much I can not hear it very well.

I know that the volume is turned right up, but still cannot hear properly. So I am thinking of buying a set off external speakers. Although I do not know what speakers to buy, should I buy a pair that just uses a jack pin that plugs into the side. Or buy a pair that also plugs in to an external power sauce.

Bearing in mind I donot wish to house to rock but is 3watts enough? Suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanking you
Leggo:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hello,

I have a Acer Aspire one pro laptop but unfortunately I am having problems with the sound in as much I can not hear it very well.

I know that the volume is turned right up, but still cannot hear properly. So I am thinking of buying a set off external speakers. Although I do not know what speakers to buy, should I buy a pair that just uses a jack pin that plugs into the side. Or buy a pair that also plugs in to an external power sauce.

Bearing in mind I donot wish to house to rock but is 3watts enough? Suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanking you

My acer 1644 wLmi is just the same crap ...I use the two free standing speakers from a desktop while at home...try to manage while away....
mine are the normal with volume control power speakers that have mains transformer and yes I plug into the jack plug at the front

mine look something like these.....terrific sound and volume...on mine it says SP30N and they are from a E-Machine desk top

Link Removed

Mel

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Thanking you

Buy amplified ones. You can always turn them down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

If you only intend to use them at home or near a power supply then buy ones with a power transformer, but if you intend using them away from home or when you don't have an electrical supply i would suggest either ones that can be used with batteries or ones that take there power from the USB port.

In the van we use our laptop as a GPS system with Autoroute and the speakers we use take there power from the USB and they work very well, if i can find the details i will add them later

hope that helps

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If it's for home use and you have a Hi Fi , a much cheaper option is just an audio lead, plug it into an external source on the hifi ..

From any computer shop, Maplins etc

OP
OP
onthebeach

onthebeach

Formerly 'Leggo'
Jul 19, 2009
Southern Spain
Funster No
Exp
5 yrs
Hi

Thank you everyone for your replies. Been out today and brought a set of small amplified speakers.

They are small speakers but look big against laptop. The motorhome will be rocking now.:ROFLMAO:

See attachment

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG00026-20100108-1842.jpg
    IMG00026-20100108-1842.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 12

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Sound and Light

Ours is the same. On the same Acer Notebook our screen was really dark. Did a bit of research and found that if you press Fn then the right arrow key the screen gets brighter.
This is not shown in any instructions, they must think we are pschic.

Crafty-Camper

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
North West ( Lancashire)
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
1st Year
Wired our Pc up yesterday to the Pansonic home theatre system, had to turn it right down as was really load, great for using with sites such as grooveshark for music, Miles better than even the little pc 2:1 system we used to have ( Or it might of been 5:1, we had a few sets). Bit overkill for a MH though :ROFLMAO:. For MH space yours should be idea; there are some cracking speakers around, e.g car audio speakers. Another option would of been to run it with a lead to your MH stereo system if there is a input.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back