pays to check your insurance (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just got the reminder for my car insurance.
i transfered from my 3 litre toyota camry (too expensive to run) to my corsa toad back in february this year.
they sent me a refund (lower premium) and i thought no more of it til now.....£212 fully comp on a '97 corsa:whatthe: with full no claim bonus.

this was with Morethan .:Angry:

did a comparison check with go compare ..........cheapest was £90 but a £350 excess.......can get it for £106 or £125 with breakdown cover, courtousy car, legal cover ect.:thumb:

morethan wouldnt even quote for some reason, probably cos i'm still insured with them til the end of the month.

pays to check!!!!!!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yupp no loyalty bonus now pays to change every year or threaten to.

Ridiculous.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I have been getting quotes for the MH I'm buying, up to now Saga is the cheapest if you do it online. When I spoke to one of their operators he said if the wife was listed as the main driver the premium would be cheaper :Eeek: in our case it didn't make any difference as the wife has an outstanding claim. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I have been getting quotes for the MH I'm buying, up to now Saga is the cheapest if you do it online. When I spoke to one of their operators he said if the wife was listed as the main driver the premium would be cheaper :Eeek: in our case it didn't make any difference as the wife has an outstanding claim. :cry:

I had that made me furious especially as my wife has no licence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I suppose that as she has no licence if you had to claim they would have a good reason not to pay out :Doh: They are quite happy to take your money with very few checks, this so they can get your money off you, but if you claim they will look at anything they can to avoid paying. :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I suppose that as she has no licence if you had to claim they would have a good reason not to pay out :Doh: They are quite happy to take your money with very few checks, this so they can get your money off you, but if you claim they will look at anything they can to avoid paying. :ROFLMAO:

But I was only told after I was 3 month into the policy and asked them why was one of may mates getting cheaper insurance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
We insured the rv, contents, car and trailer this year for £574 with NFU which we reckoned was very good value. Saga are ok but charge the earth for any small change of detail, but if you don't tell them you're not insured if it comes to the crunch - got you!

Silly thing is that Merv has an HGV Class 1, I have a car licence gained long enough ago to give me 7.5 tonnes. Both of us can (in theory in my case) drive the rv and are insured to do so (even though you wouldn't want me on the road with something 34' long). No more expensive either/or.
Jan

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Jan I am with NFU too, we once insured our Foretravel 33" rv with Saga, for about 18 months everything ok then one day I queried something and they told me "We don't insure American Motorhomes"! this was after the details I had given them included engine size of 8.3 ltrs! After much negotiations and to their credit they gave me a full refund of premiums paid very good- but what would have happened if I had had to make a claim? They told me they would "tighten up their system" afterwards. So it pays to tell them exactly where your m/h came from when inquiring for a quote.
Regards, Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back