Paying for ADAC

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by taffybloke, May 19, 2012.

1. taffybloke

taffybloke Funster

Following on from the positive comments on here I decided to get ADAC cover as the RAC cover I currently have will not do for my 6mt van.

I E-mailed ADAC with my requirments for there plus service and was sent a reply with the form to fax off with the c/card details. :thumb: Job done I thought.

I sent the fax to the number on the form along with a E-mail saying it was sent and a few days later received a ADAC card for myself.

A week later there had been no charge to my card so I thought I would ring and check it out. I rang twice and had the phone hung up on me both times. ( Probably my celtic accent )

I have now received the card for my wife but still no charge to my c/card.

I have again E-mailed the person who sent the original forms to me but have not had a reply. :Sad:

Should I wait some more or does anyone have a number for an english speaking person in ADAC so I can get this sorted

Mike

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi phone numbers for ADAC,01806101112 ----- 004989222222 ASK TO SPEAK TO BARBARA LORENZ ? OR ENGLISH SPEAKER -- let me know how you get on as my renewal is due at end of month
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  3. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Ring Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673.
    She speaks perfect English and is a pleasure to deal with. She'll be happy to help with any queries. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Oops, duplicating! :Blush:

5. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Absolutely right. I spoke to Barbara yesterday, joined self and wife, paid by credit card. "I will ring you back within the hour with your membership numbers" she said. True to her word she did exactly that, excellent service.

• Like Like x 1
  6. taffybloke

taffybloke Funster

Thanks guys. I will ring on Monday :thumb:

Mike

7. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

Be careful

I renewed by sending a fax with my card detail.. (you do not get new cards when you renew)... nothing was taken from my Caxton FX card.... so I called Barbara... bad news...

She took all the details and charged my other card... great you might think.... but a couple of days later the original charge ... the one I had sent by fax was charged.. so I paid twice.. had to call Barbara again.. finally they reversed the payment I made the second time... but it cost me a total of £12 in phone calls.

So I would sit tight and wait.. it does take a couple of weeks for them to take the money... but they do.

We have been with ADAC now for two years.. harder to renew... but I do suggest you contact Barbara if you have not sent the details by fax... then you will only pay it once.

Bob:Blush:

• Like Like x 1
  8. taffybloke

taffybloke Funster

Spot on Bob. :thumb: just checked this morning before ringing and they have just taken the money.

Thanks also to terry, stcyr and Mike405 for their comments.

• Like Like x 2
  9. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Good to see another member of ADAC, and all the posts about it, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 1
  10. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

how do I know I have had it renewed?

When you renew you do not get new membership card (I have never had one for Sue)... so how do I know I have cover with out calling them again? well I know they took the money... but each month I get this high class magazine... eat your heart out C & CC .. OK it is in German, but has some great pictures and with a bit of work I can normally workout the articles... so the continued delivery of the magazine says I am covered.:RollEyes:

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Barbara not only speaks good English but is the ONLY office where you can pay by card over the phone. Job done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. taffybloke

taffybloke Funster

Bob. I have received a card for Pat but it has a different member number on it and all the fees have been taken in one go but the cards arrived with separate payment details for them.

I would ring and ask for a card

Mike