Patrick (1 Viewer)

rvpat

Free Member
Nov 9, 2009
Funster No
Hi everybody...My wife and I have just come home from the states where we have been touring for a year in our motorhome (which we bought over there), fantastic everyone should do it.!!!!
Now for a question...We shipped our rv home with us and are now in the process of registering it, we went to our local D.V.L.A. filled in the forms, payed all the fees, and road tax, then expected to receive our tax disc and ownership papers and new registration in the post. Instead we have been asked to bring the rv to the D.V.L.A. to be inspected. Here is my question...Has anyone got an update on how the newly formed RVDA.are getting on with there battle with the D.V.L.A. regarding the registration of our motorhomes. Has a size been established etc. etc. I'm trying to gather some info before Wednesday which is the day I take our rv in to be inspected so any comments would be most appreciated .
Kind regards to one and all from Pat and Olivia..........:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
:roflmto::roflmto: I answered this on the Sister Forum RVOC. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes indeed John , but have you been there today ?

Hi We are moving the RVOC to a new server

Right now you are looking at the site on our old server. It can take a little time for all of the internet to point you to our new location, so please try again later.

Thanks - Jim 0555 8th Nov

jim

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Doh::Blush: My mistake (Senior moment?). I answered it on ARVC. :thumb::thumb:

Qoute:-

Sod's Law. I had to do the same in 2006 when I first went to register our Newmar. I had to drive it right through the centre of Sheffield into the small back streets and park at the bottom of the car park. They said they couldn't check it over because it wasn't IN the car park. I said if I could have got it in the car park I would have done and then NOBODY else would have been able to park in the miniscule car park provided by DVLA.
Anyway, to cut a long story short they said it was TOO BIG and I CANNOT register it.
To cut another long story short. Summer of 2007 I took all the documents to DVLA Sheffield and registered the Newmar without any further inspection or problem. Things changed during the winter of 2006/2007 and the SMMT list that was used by DVLA as the criteria for allowing registration was thrown out of the window.
The only measurements taken into consideration was the actual dimensions of the build. WIng mirrors, Awnings, gtrab handles etc were discounted from these measurements. The onus was placed on the registee to input correct and legal dimensions and to sing to that effect.
Some DVLA offices require that SOME registees bring the RV/Motorhome for inspection to make sure that IT IS ACTUALLY A MOTORHOME and NOT a Van with a mattress and a cooker thrown in the back. It HAS been done by some foreigners in the past I believe?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back