Not open for further replies.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i usually go to fun meets alone and have never had a problem making new friends.
mostly i know the people on a basis from the forum and its just a case of meeting face to face.

i've never felt the need for a specific singles forum/meet platform but everyone to their own i suppose.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Didn't know we had so many solo travellers...

It's not a 'secret' forum just a bit a bit of a safe haven as Jim has already explained...

not a solo traveller?
Please complete the following:
"I've posted on the solo traveller's section because..." [Delete as applicable]

• I am a solo traveller
  • I'm a nosy git
  • I'm on the prowl
  • I'm lost
  • I'm looking to part X me hubby/wife
  • My wife/husband doesn't understand me
  • I'm lonely because the other half has gone off on one
  • It's nowt to do with me but ...
::bigsmile:

R

roamsweethome

Deleted User
I too am a "Billy no mates" and a "Solo" member. So when is it going to happen.
Keep popping in but nothing going on, seems to have died a death.

Don

Maybe you should think about making "things happen"......it all has to start somewhere....take a deep breath and dive in!!!!! make a few comments and see what responses you get????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The ludicrous thing about this secret forum is that the singles who are likely to be wary of arranging to meet up on an open forum, and therefore need the security of a password protected forum to arrange their meet ups, are the very ones who will never be allowed the password because they are wary of attending an open meet so will never meet anyone else and become known as good people and therefore permitted to join the secret sociaty.

Catch 22. :ROFLMAO:

many single/lone members attend the fun meets and are made just as welcome, if not more-so, as couples/families.
so theres no reason for not getting known and getting the illusive password.

the fun show meets are attended by many and are probably the safest place to meet others.
to arrange a private meet with someone you've never met in person is, to say the least, dodgy and cant be recommended but a meet with 50 or more funsters is as safe as it gets for a lone traveller.....

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
It's not a 'secret' forum just a bit a bit of a safe haven as Jim has already explained...
Oh come on!!! :ROFLMAO:

This daft Secret Solos section is more like an enclosed order of bloody monks. When grown adult people feel the need to hide away behind a secret password because they don't feel 'safe' out in the big bad world......there has to be something very seriously wrong with them.
About time they got a grip on themselves and took a step out into reality.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
When grown adult people feel the need to hide away behind a secret password because they don't feel 'safe' out in the big bad world......there has to be something very seriously wrong with them.

you're almost there except... no-one's hiding

and were that the case it would be "...there has to be something very seriously wrong with our society."

Solo Meets section
It's a bone fide option for some solo travellers... so why knock something that is an attempt to include people that otherwise may feel excluded/vulnerable... very unFUNny.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Oh come on!!! :ROFLMAO:

This daft Secret Solos section is more like an enclosed order of bloody monks. When grown adult people feel the need to hide away behind a secret password because they don't feel 'safe' out in the big bad world......there has to be something very seriously wrong with them.
About time they got a grip on themselves and took a step out into reality.

Grown up people don't keep moaning about something that has no effect on them, unless there is something seriously wrong with them:RollEyes:

Admin Note: Bulletguy still has the hump because no one has given him the password:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bulletguy note: Jim still has the hump because I dont want his silly password. :RollEyes:

I have not got the hump, its not my password, I am not a solo traveller. ::bigsmile: The section was set up for a few funsters who asked for it. You have said that you don't agree with it, that's fine. But keep telling me and deride the few funsters who do appreciate it, and I might get the hump :Cool:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bulletguy note: Jim still has the hump because I dont want his silly password. :RollEyes:

Good you dont need to worry about it any more then do you? :winky:

Hope to see you on a thread where your not being so obnoxious about something you say you have no interest in anyway :winky::thumb:

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Didn't know we had so many solo travellers...

not a solo traveller?
Please complete the following:
"I've posted on the solo traveller's section because..." [Delete as applicable]

• I am a solo traveller
  • I'm a nosy git
  • I'm on the prowl
  • I'm lost
  • I'm looking to part X me hubby/wife
  • My wife/husband doesn't understand me
  • I'm lonely because the other half has gone off on one
  • It's nowt to do with me but ...
::bigsmile:
I am liking this Graham. Been watching this whole thread with some degree of amusement, so much underwear getting twisted! Thanks for the laugh.
Sue

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Come on people Jim has done a lot of work to set up this forum has he ever shown anything but fairness?I trust his judgement and if he has set up a section with a password I think he will have a valid reason for it.its his forum he makes the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back