Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've been using roboform for years on Jims recommendations but now at $20 a year I have found a lot more either free or a much cheaper price than that.
As mine is coming up for renewal again, which one do you funsters recommend please?
There is now a huge choice them out there.
I need one that will work on 2 phones and a computer. And be able to sync between those devices.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I Use LastPass in combination with a yubico key.

Basically it asks you for a master password when your IP address changes. I have also set it to require my yubico key on any new devices and my mobile devices.

What this means is that if my laptop, phone or tablet is stolen they will need the master password.
If my master password escapes (unlikely) they still won't be able to get in because the yubico key is not available to them. If they try to log in using my master password on a new device it requires the yubico key.

Until I got the yubico key I was loath to have all my passwords stored in one location.

However now that I have the key linked I have gone through all my usernames/password and changed them all to really strong passwords that I have no chance of remembering. I have also changed the email address on all sites I am registered to. The new email address includes the domain name of the site I am signed up to. For instance I would use facebook324@mydomain.com for facebook and Amazon482@mydomain.com

What this means is if I receive any spam I can look at who it was addressed to and identify who leaked/sold my email address. I can then change that email address for instance facebook324 becomes facebook561 so that only facebook can contact me in future. The other advantage is that if the site gets hacked, they not only don't have my password for other sites, they don't have the username. I can change both just for that site. Whereas if you only have one email address and use the same password across multiple sites they can use this to access other stuff you are signed up for.

Anyway, sorry I went off topic there. I love LastPass to answer your question.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Tend to veer towards Grommets approach.
Strong passwords rather than relying on software.

After all password managers are software packages written to protect other software packages 'coz software packages can be hacked

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back