passport controls (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
We are due to leave on the Dover/ Calais ferry on 4th May. I know there was some concern that the new passport checks were going to cause some delays. Has anybody had any delay or problem, do I need to leave a lot of extra time.

Spongy

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
No they are so disorganised that they have not been able to implement the knee=jerk, as you can see from the news today that the "missing" family left Dover without even being asked where they were going.
It is coming in that they want to check.

OP
OP

Deleted User
No they are so disorganised that they have not been able to implement the knee=jerk, as you can see from the news today that the "missing" family left Dover without even being asked where they were going.
It is coming in that they want to check.

Thanks GWAYGWAY as I thought, what I cant understand is why they are worried about people going out its coming in thats the problem.

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
They must want to keep them all here even the illegals that want to go back cannot and get caught trying to sneak out and jailed for it.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Friends of ours went on the tunnel to France on the first day of implimentation and it was just like any other previous trip.
At around 9.30/10.00am check-in there were no queues and as usual nobody in the French box and only a cursory look at passports from our lot.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We left Dover on March 26 and had no problem at all. Came back 18 April and again no problem. If anything it is quicker than before on the UK side coz they filter off the vehicles that customs want to take a look at in a slicker location than before.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back