Passenger Cab seat (Un)Comfortable (1 Viewer)

GaryH61

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Horwich Greater Manchester AKA Lancs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Auto Stratus
Exp
Since 2014
Good evening Funsters
The Passenger seat in our Peugeot Boxer is uncomfortable and Mrs H's "Bum Bone" is suffering on long journeys. We have tried a child's swim ring partially inflated to give some relief. Its ok but not ideal. Is anyone else suffering? or has overcome similar? and if so what do you recommend?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a proper rubber coccyx ring would work better, but the only real answer is get the seat base reupholstered. expensive but worth paying to save the nagging

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
A sheepskin can make a big difference too.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Amazingly, I read this post, and I thought, what is he talking about, the seats are really comfortable. But we have never actually used the passenger seat would you believe. I just went and sat in it (after shifting a mountain of fluffy toys, don't ask) , and I know where your wife is coming from! The base is at the wrong angle, and you can't adjust it like you can with the drivers seat.
Therefore, I have an expensive, but possible workable solution. How about trying to purchase a drivers seat from a LHD motorhome? Fit that, and you will get all of the adjusters that make the drivers seat so comfy.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our Boxer based Autosleeper passenger seat had all the same adjustments as the drivers, but Mrs A still found it uncomfortable for long journeys.
I don't know the answer, I didn't find the drivers seat so comfortable either, it seemed too firm
Our next van was an RV with seats like armchairs which were fantastic, our latest van, on a 19 year old Ducato chassis has much softer seats than the Boxer, and are really comfortable. No more complaints from Mrs A
As the Boxer seats are very firm, have you thought about a memory foam seat pad? Search Google for them, there are dozens to choose from

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Get under the seat and stuff it with an old cushion between the springs , cheap solution that might just help.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No substitute for a good seat if you plan on keeping the van for a few years probably worth shelling out for a couple of Auguti or ISRI seats. My wife sat in a standard Fiat seat the other week she couldn't believe how uncomfortable they were.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
We've got 25 year old I SRI seats which are fairly well compacted and with the old arthritis in my spine and sciatica in my legs was finding driving a bit painful.

Didn't have time to get them reupholstered so I bought 2 heavy duty nylon seat covers, going to put a nice lump of memory foam on the base underneath but meantime fitted 2 lovely black sheepskins on top.

So comfortable on last night's long drive, my bum-bone and sciatica never complained once.

Hymie

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
If, like me, your feet don't reach the floor fully, that can put pressure on your back and bum. I needed a step for my feet to make sitting more comfortable.

A combination of all things suggested has to work!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back