Passed MOT!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Puddleduck, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

The motorhome is through her MOT with no advisories. I know it should not have been a problem but there is always that little niggle :)

They were supposed to do the hab check as well but are short staffed and running behind with a job that needs to be finished today (the people go on holiday tomorrow) so I said I would take her in on Thursday just before closing so they can start first thing on Friday. They did say the hab check takes 4 hours as everything is serviced and tested :) I'll need to fully clear the garage in that case. The living area is pretty much empty but you should see our guest bedroom - looks like a bomb has dropped.

• Like Like x 6
  2. rich g

rich g Funster

Well done with MOTs i have my car and campervan next week so hope all goes well.
    Three weeks ago i had habitation check all went well until i went to Chester and smelt gas,phoned the guy twice who did the check no answer so got a gas engineer out to fix problem,who thought the man who carried out the hab check caused the problem.
    I have no proof but will not use him again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

The "like" is in sympathy not because I like the contents of the post.

Hope the MOTs go well.

4. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

Disaster. My Transit T350 van was due to go for mot so I gave it the check over all fine EXCEPT the exhaust tailpipe is rotten so off to the commercial supply company up the road, to get another, However it is a special and the sideways bend is bent forwards to clear the step and then out. Nothing in stock like it at all as it is probably a Chausson part. so I have ordered three 90 degree bends to go sideways forward then sideways again a bit of a faff but I do get to make it fit without the annoying rattle I used to get when the original one hit the skirt. I did have to cancel the test as the new pipes will take a day to arrive but they will cost £24 but I dread to think how much a PROPER pipe would cost and how long to get.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Weinsbergaman

Weinsbergaman

If that's true then the Gas Engineer has a duty to report the matter to RIDDOR!! http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/

We all have a duty to stop anyone testing/working on Gas appliances who are NOT competent. Please ask you new Gas Engineer to report the matter, IT's THE LAW.

Thanks Antony

6. Dave K

Dave K Funster

My T4 went in for MOT and unfortunately failed, nothing too bad, a couple of ball joints need replacing, I seem to be haemorrhaging money at the moment though!

7. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Ours passed.

Although it should as it had a full service and check before it went (freed off the brake callipers and adjusted hand brake).