Parts manual

Discussion in 'Hobby' started by Pezza, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Pezza

Pezza

Hi
    I am looking for a full parts manual for the habitation side of our 2004 Hobby 700. What i particularly am after is the small circuit board where the wiring from the taps terminate on to. I have a Shurflo water pump fitted with built in pressure sensor that switches the pump on when taps are opened. However the toilet flush does not work on the pressure so cant flush. Im not sure if a previous owner changed the pump as the relay on this board switches the pump on. Any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

3. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

I found the Hobby importers " Ambergate " parts dept really good, gave them the VIN No and they told me all about mine and the one bit they did not have arrived from Germany within 7 days,

Hobby UK Ltd
    Ripley Rd
    Ambergate
    Derbyshire
    DE56 2EP

TEL: 01773 853900

General Enquiries: info@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
    Sales Enquiries: sales@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
    Online Store Enquiries: spares@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
    Accessories: accessories@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk

4. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

usually its either micro switches in taps switching a relay to enegise pump or pressure switch on pump
    sounds like someone has replaced the pump
    im sure there is a micro switch in the thetford toilets to do the pump onswitching if yoiur toilet is the type thats connected to the van water supply and your running on a pressure system the micro switch isnt needed

5. Pezza

Pezza

Hi.
    Yes all the taps have micro switches which do energise the relay, the relay is not switching the 12 volt to run the pump. As it is a shurflo pump with built in pressure switch i have wired it to use the pressure system. All the taps work this way except for the toilet flush, which does use the onboard tank for flushing. I am struggling to know why the toilet side doesnt flush.

6. Pezza

Pezza

Hi
    Thanks for this info, i will give them a call

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

are you any good at DIY ?

if so, trace the microswitch wires from the toilet flush and use them to activate a 12v relay.

connect a fused 12v supply to the switch if necessary....the power needed to switch the relay is insignificant so the microswitch will cope ok.....and the other switch wire to the relay.

connect the relay output to the pump and feed the relay from a fused 12v live circuit

8. Pezza

Pezza

Hi pappajohn
    Yes I'm confident to do that so the toilet flushes from the pump being activated from the microswitch and leave all the other taps using the pressure system to activate the pump?

9. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

the toilet switch opens a solenoid valve in the toilet to allow water through on models that are plumbed in to the onboard tank