Part exchange ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Vlad The Impaler, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

What happens when you px a van ?
    Do they just give you a price regardless of age ,condition , mileage .Do they need a service history ,do they check for damp ?

Vlad

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Speve

Speve Funster

When I have changed yes they did a damp check and a condition check and service history and a drive before giving me a price.
    On my second van which was originally bought from dealer who bought it back off of me they new the van as they had serviced it they gave me a price without seeing it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

bear in mind the dealer will want to sell your px for a good profit. they will offer a price based on trade price and against condition and history

4. Spidey

Spidey Funster

We were offered a price based on the answers we gave over the phone. I assumed if anything was different on the day of hand over you would be told. No one test drove it, but we had bought it from them and they had serviced it. We got a very good price for trade in and they still made a profit. I think if they know they will sell the van quick you will get more for it. Ours sold in less than a week.

5. Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour Read Only Funster

PX'd two vans, both at 4 years old. On both occasions they accepted by description and on day of handover nobody went over my px van. They had serviced both vans though so had seen them a few times.

6. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Gave us a price at the nec based on our description then took it in to get a firm price I thought they would try to barter us down and was prepared to not bother with the deal but they said all ok price as agreed!

7. MikeD

MikeD Funster

When we px our van they quoted the same trade in price that every body else had. They had not seen the van.

They did a damp check when we arrived on the day to collect the new van and deducted the cost of the necessary repairs from my credit card and we drove off in the new van

8. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

..... and what happens if the MH you have is worth more than the MH you want to buy?