Part Exchange Time? My misses has had enough of me getting my leg over... (1 Viewer)

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
My misses has had enough of me getting my leg over :cry:during the night for toilet visit(s) in motorhome. I have the rear bed over garage in 630 swift sundance. It would seem I have a few choices.

a) watch intently for the P advert to come on telly, take details, buy product and hope it works after 10 lagers
b) Let misses get leg over, sounds great!! but just causes problem for someone else (not sure if she would watch out for tena lady adverts)
c) Part exchange motorhome for one where leg over isnt required. (Hmm think thats what I want!!) :Doh:

So here is my question if part exchanging, to another motorhome at a dealers to what price difference does it make sense for them to take mine in part ex. For instance if for example mines worth £26k, does that mean its worth it to a dealer financially to sell me a van for £30k so id pay them a £4k difference? or does it only make sense @ £10k+ difference. Ive no HP..

thanks for any help

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
PX with a dealer you will loose both ways. He will waant profit on the one he sells you and then profit on yours when he sells that. So if you PX your £26K against a £30K one you will likely have to part with £6k plus. Unless you are buying something he cant shift.
Put you self an advert on here (free), Ebay(£35) , Preloved (Free) and see what happens.

Andy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi you could try selling private first. Treat it like a house sale. Locate a van you want, then advertise yours like mad on free sites and ebay but be realistic with your price. Then with wonger in your hand, approach dealer, wink nicely, tell him you want his van but your a tight git so he can let you walk out the forecourt, or you can reach a compromise. Also of course the biggest advantage is that you open up a load of private for sale vans as well. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
How much the motor home your buying is irrelevant:whatthe:
How much you get for yours is irrelevant:whatthe:

I hate discounts:Eeek:
25% off something priced at double its worth, is no good to man nor beast

What will it cost £££££ to swop is the only real figure in the equation:thumb:
and are you willing to pay that amount

Seemples
Geo

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi what Geo says is correct :thumb: What you think your van is worth may well be a lot different to what a dealer thinks just the same as what you think the dealers van is worth ::bigsmile::winky:Cost to change is what you need to know :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back