Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
o
these tickets cant be enforced so dont pay it
yes they can it cost them £25 pounds to take you to the small clams cort and they will the rules changed last year they have been stricter regulated but in the same vane been given more powers.
the parking company's are employed by there client to enforce a parking policy.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If I were the owner of a private car park I should be tempted to install a pay on exit barrier system with either no charge or a small charge for the first couple of hours and a wacking big charge for longer.

I can see something like that happening in the long run, especially in towns where people use the free car parks to shop elsewhere in the town rather than pay a pound or two in a municipal car park.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I can think of three ways to play this:

A. Pay up.
B. Fight it but this is risky if it goes to court and you lose. Typical grounds for contesting the charge might be the notice setting out the terms of use of the car park is not visible or badly written.
C. Write to whoever is claiming the charge and offer them £10 in settlement of your minor breech of contract. This assumes the person only overstayed their welcome in the car park by a shortish amount. If they parked overnight see option A.

Last edited:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
You could cover up the car park sign and take a picture and say you couldnt read the sign

Disclaimer:- The above is not an instruction just a source of jest :)

plumber54

Free Member
Mar 15, 2014
loanhead midlothian scotland
Funster No
MH
fiat lunar champ
Exp
6yrs
i got a £70 ticket in lidle the police told me not to pay as not one can get your details exept police or traffic wardens not heard another word

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
i got a £70 ticket in lidle the police told me not to pay as not one can get your details exept police or traffic wardens not heard another word

Unfortunately the DVLA do sell our information to certain parties
So not strictly correct

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You could cover up the car park sign and take a picture and say you couldnt read the sign

Disclaimer:- The above is not an instruction just a source of jest :)
With the help of a tin of spray paint as well.......(y)
Disclaimer: The above is not a source of jest, just an idea.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Our town centre Aldi decided to put cameras up and asked customers to register their number plate while shopping. I didn't and I got a fine/invoice. I wrote to them saying that I had shopped there for several years and didn't spend my time checking notices in the car park on each and every visit.

They said they would consider dropping the charge if I could prove I was shopping there. Like most people I don't keep receipts for a bag of potatoes and a sliced loaf.

But, I did pay by debit card and it showed up on my statement. Admittedly, it was three days after the event but it takes that long for the transaction to appear.

I was lucky, they dropped the matter. This is an unusual state of affairs for me. I live in Bolton and the parking mafia have all of us running scared. I park within the white lines. I park within 18 inches of the kerb. I don't overhang (well perhaps a little I'm 68 for God sake), I put the bloody ticket the right way up, I make sure it does not blow away and I set a reminder on my phone to make sure I don't overstay my unwelcome to the joys of parking in Bolton.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not true..
As mentioned the DVLA sell off all our details quite readily
On top of that, ANY individual can get the information for a fee ( last time I seem to recall about £25.00 ? )
How do you think a lot of the bloody ambulance chasers find out who has been in an accident :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not true..
As mentioned the DVLA sell off all our details quite readily
On top of that, ANY individual can get the information for a fee ( last time I seem to recall about £25.00 ? )
How do you think a lot of the bloody ambulance chasers find out who has been in an accident :)
The rule, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, is that personal data can be released to anyone who has a valid interest. Nothing new about it and nothing wrong with it.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Mate of mine has just recived a parking fine off ASDA, should he pay it??? fun!!!fun!!!fun!!!

No if you were a proper mate you would pay it for him you tight Geordie git....:confused:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
The op hasn't given many details - was it for overstaying or not in a correct space, was it in a mh etc - or doesn't that make any difference?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The op hasn't given many details - was it for overstaying or not in a correct space, was it in a mh etc - or doesn't that make any difference?
I've seen the details elsewhere as I also know the recipient. The ticket was for staying about 6 hours in a car park which allows only 2 or 3 hours (sign wording not clear on Google maps). It was in a car but that makes no difference in the circumstances.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I've seen the details elsewhere as I also know the recipient. The ticket was for staying about 6 hours in a car park which allows only 2 or 3 hours (sign wording not clear on Google maps). It was in a car but that makes no difference in the circumstances.
Ok Graham, thanks for that. Perhaps not unexpected then.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ok Graham, thanks for that. Perhaps not unexpected then.
I think it was a genuine mistake on the part of the driver, he didn't realise the restriction was there. I advised him elsewhere to contact Asda and explain the circumstances to see if they would cancel the ticket.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I think it was a genuine mistake on the part of the driver, he didn't realise the restriction was there. I advised him elsewhere to contact Asda and explain the circumstances to see if they would cancel the ticket.
It will be interesting to hear the outcome. We have to pay at our local Asda although it is refunded at the till but at another not far away there is no charge.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It will be interesting to hear the outcome. We have to pay at our local Asda although it is refunded at the till but at another not far away there is no charge.
We have two Asda stores locally. The larger one has no restrictions other than some bays marked for blue badge holders and parents with children but the smaller one has time restrictions.
The larger is in an area of large stores, each with their own car park, so demand is only from Asda customers. The smaller is in an area with a significant number of offices with little or no parking facilities and would be overwhelmed with commuters if there were no restrictions.

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
The owner of the carpark still has to prove a loss to them and if you have shopped in the store - how can they?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In my humble (prudish) opinion, jokes referring to bestiality, oral sex and so forth should be in the Belly Locker... especially if linked to that truly digusting of pastimes... FISHING.

But then it is probably just me and I will be accused of being boring.

JJ :cool:

PS. Don't pay the "fine". Paying parking "fines" is for woosies...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back