crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
got a parking ticket in Portugal can they get access to the DVLA in the UK, haven't paid it yet, don't want to pay it either only a few mins over my time all traffic wardens are the same scroungy little gits :D

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I think you should follow Lily Allen's example and apologise for the transgressions of all UK motorhomers - and pay at least 10 times whatever the fine is ;-)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
got a parking ticket in Portugal can they get access to the DVLA in the UK, haven't paid it yet, don't want to pay it either only a few mins over my time all traffic wardens are the same scroungy little gits :D
If it's the same as the one we got I'd get down to the post office first thing in the morning, you may find it's only the cost of a days parking , in our case it was ÂŁ8, if you don't pay it within a day or two it keeps adding up to about ÂŁ150, thought ours was very fair , different than here.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If it's the same as the one we got I'd get down to the post office first thing in the morning, you may find it's only the cost of a days parking , in our case it was ÂŁ8, if you don't pay it within a day or two it keeps adding up to about ÂŁ150, thought ours was very fair , different than here.
Is it a big long ticket with various prices written on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp

yes I see what you say but must I pay it, do they have access to the DVLA to enforce a payment

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
yes I see what you say but must I pay it, do they have access to the DVLA to enforce a payment

Maybe not to DVLA records but very likley to Fun records :)

If you don't pay up you'll probably be entered into the Freeloaders Register :)....... Welsh Branch

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah but for what it cost us it isn't worth the worry , we hadn't paid at all and still only had to pay a days parking.

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
me go red or feel bad at a camera no they got the wrong guy, I don't give a crap they can take the MH or hang me, what ever turns them on, got a broken rear light as well which some bugger kicked in haven't been stopped for that yet, have to order it from the UK cant get it in Portugal they want 2 weeks to get it at ÂŁ40.00 I looked on line ÂŁ12.00 here in U.K they are trying to rip me off

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I would pay it mainly because you should as you are guilty, however if you look at the last line on the list of charges it says, " And will be hung by the neck ect."

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
y
Another thread on Fun somewhere where some didn't pay when they got home a couple of months later there was a fine of over €200 waiting for them.

You say you were over time, your fault, annoying yes but you are guilty so pay up.:)

yes I am guilty as hell my fault, wont be back in UK for months and I am in South of Spain now, so can you pay it for me, I will pay you back for sure, :D

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
y
yes I am guilty as hell my fault, wont be back in UK for months and I am in South of Spain now, so can you pay it for me, I will pay you back for sure, :D

Next time you go to Portugal it will flag up:( and you may probably have your van impounded until you pay the accumulated costs of non initial payment:eek:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
bugger that :D yes I am guilty but hell we saved the sorry arse of Europe in WW2 they can let me off

Passed a Memorial in Branganca, Portugal today that commemorated the towns losses in WW1. (in France.)
Since as Portugal wasn't on anybodies side in WW2, don't think your argument holds water, bile, yes, water, no.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
When you get to the end of the list of prices, do not forget the European Arrest Warrant. The woman that fell into the Roman Fountain, was arrested at home and Extradited to Italy with all the attendant hassles. That was even less than a parking fine.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
y

Tell you what. Don't pay it, let it accumulate and when you stop or get stopped and they impound your vehicle costing you a few hundred euros and nowhere but local hotel to sleep overnight and cafe's to eat in, then you might come back on here and say you wished you'd taken advice from the funsters on here who , apparently appear to be trying to help you

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
y

You have cocked up there then big time I would say, I think if they are all the same as the one we got they are the fairest parking fines I have seen in the world.
Makes you almost glad to pay them.
We were thinking we would have to pay hundreds of pounds as you do here , when all it was , was what we should have paid to park anyway, but we didn't realise we should have paid, thought it was free.

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
now that's a good idea, cant be any worse than a solo sailing trip around the World, don't take everything so seriously try a storm force 8 in mid pacific then its time to worry

thFV09G4KO.jpg

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
that's my next trip to sail to the West Indies, done it before all was good few gales nothing to worry about, will sell the MH when I get back, do you wanna come and be roger the cabin boy :D:D

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
getting back to the OP does Portugal have access to the DVLA does anyone know for sure? no guesses now facts only,

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
There was a funster on here,who was parked up i believe,when the local garda came across and asked if he had paid the tolls,as it happened he had,but the officer got out his magic electronic devise and checked back,finding that the funster,was not on the wanted list either for NON payment of fines.
The Portugues are very fair minded,when it comes to matters of this sort,bearing in mind you think that traffic wardens are...whatever, they just LOVE people like you...... You keep them in a job,just the dogs...Nob?
If the Garda do catch up with you,could be your turn in the barrel....... oooops Vat LOL.

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
how do you know for sure Gorse hill do you work for the DVLA of did you get a parking ticket in Portugal and they track you down to pay it, as I am in the South of Spain I cant pay it anyway, guess if I go back to Portugal they will hang me by the Gonads

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
There are certainly more stories about the GNR taking a greater interest in foreign cars, probably because the income from fining Portuguese has maxed out and they need a new source of income. Traffic fines are certainly a reason for impounding, but they are apparently getting more cute about overstayers, and MOT and Insurance. No stories so far about non payers on the A22 but watch this space. Portugal is not yet in the data sharing scheme for road vehicles but is expected to make the required legal changes some time soon. The penalties for late payment also ramp up pretty fast our failure to pay 40 euros road tax (because we had exported the vehicle which was eventually accepted and the penalties withdrawn) became several hundred euros in about 6 months. Mind you I know of expats out here who have UK cars here for years and no MOTs and never been stopped.

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I spoke to couple who have had a car in Portugal for over a year and paid no import tax, I mentioned they had to pay it, they said they had never heard about it , anyway who's going to be my cabin boy on the trip to Antigua, ye landlubbers , max looks like you sail by your picture, you supply your own grease :D it gets lonely doing a solo voyage :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back