Parking ticket - would you pay? (1 Viewer)

Milo

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Lancaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
A coupla weeks ago in Brittany we were ticketed for parking. I couldn't follow the written payment instructions and haven't (yet) paid the fine which after 45 days will double to Euros75. So far a French chap has recommended that I don't other to pay, but I understand that an agency in the UK has (recently?) been empowered to provide vehicle ownership details to enforcement agencies in the EU (and elsewhere?).

In my position would you pay?

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Yes I would.

If you intend to go back to France that is. Details I believe are now given of your vehicle EU Wide. I know that Transport for London are now following up foreign cars who do not pay the congestion charge.

If it stays on file then you risk your vehicle when you return. (dont know for sure)

Sonja

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you go back to France they may nab you at a Peage or at Calais if they check your registration .. highly unlikely, but for peace of mind I would ..

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
With automatic registration plate recognition as it is these days,
I doubt whether you would get out of customs at the next French port you visit, you will be flagged automatically:Doh:

OP
OP
Milo

Milo

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Lancaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I think I'd better photograph or scan the ticket and e-send it to my linguistic sister for a translation of how to pay. My French is not awful, but I'll be damned if I can make sense of the few instructions.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I would pay up. Why dont you pm yodell, she is French and should be able to explain what it is that you need to do.

I'm sure she would be only to pleased.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back