Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
Are you saying that the numberplate on the pic is not your car?

I was under the impression they used APNR?

Now I am confused...

it is the one in the pic, but the summons had one digit missing, the summons was issued by a human and they are prone to make errors:winky:

boroboy51

Free Member
Aug 10, 2012
Middlesbrough
Funster No
MH
Compass Classique
Exp
1 year completed
Here is one for the lawyers. We parked overnight in st George's field that allows overnight parking and received a fine for unsuitable vehicle :cry:. Circumstances leading to this misdemeanour allows me to throw our selves on the mercy of the council. However the penalty notice issued has the wrong registration (it is one digit out) although the photographic evidence shows the correct registration. The question is how do they stand legally since they issued the fine to the wrong vehicle? Also should still throw my self upon their mercy or ignore the ticket?
First, do not ignore it, but do contest it on the strength of the the ticket with the wrong reg: chances are that it will be cancelled.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To get back to the St George's Field car park itself not premitting overnight sleeping ... it is probably because it is in a flood plain and regularly floods! So part of the reason for it not being available to motorhomes could well be because of this ... unless you've got one that also doubles as a house boat!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
To get back to the St George's Field car park itself not premitting overnight sleeping ... it is probably because it is in a flood plain and regularly floods! So part of the reason for it not being available to motorhomes could well be because of this ... unless you've got one that also doubles as a house boat!:ROFLMAO:

I would imagine that this is almost certainly the case. Below pictures of St Georges Field:

With regards to "insufficient signage at the car park" - I couldn't agree. There is a large sign to this effect displayed alongside each ticket machine which I posted earlier in the thread. :Doh: That being said, nobody likes a parking ticket so I'm glad you had it reversed on other grounds. :thumb:

OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
I would imagine that this is almost certainly the case. Below pictures of St Georges Field:

With regards to "insufficient signage at the car park" - I couldn't agree. There is a large sign to this effect displayed alongside each ticket machine which I posted earlier in the thread. :Doh: That being said, nobody likes a parking ticket so I'm glad you had it reversed on other grounds. :thumb:

cheers Addie, whoa what a pic i am glad we were not there if it floods to that level.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As a general rule, it is important to remember that "overnight parking" and "overnight habitation/camping" are two entirely different things.

Mmm so the signs say no overnight parking, therefore camping is ok???????

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back