Free Member
Jan 26, 2015
Bradford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Peurgeot Boxer Symphony
Exp
I'm a newbie
Could anyone recommend the best place to site two reversing sensors on a Peugeot Boxer Symphony campervan.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
On the back :D:D:D

seriously though I have only ever had them fitted in bumpers on my cars that have had sensors, there can't be a lot of choice I would have thought, somewhere near the corners but on the flat bit on the back (y)

or is the Peugeot more complex?

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
IMG_20150616_120854401.jpg
IMG_20150616_120854401.jpg

Here is a photo of my boxer with sensors, I think 4 is the usual number

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We have the reversing camera fitted,but miss the sensors in the bumpers,so next job.
This is what i was told,when getting a vehicle with them fitted,true or false ? I have no idea,but will pass it on.
"Be carefull if you are backing up to a floor to ceiling shop front window/etc,as sometimes the sensor does not recognise it as being there"
Needless to say,i am VERY carefull. LOL. Any expert knowledge about this will be taken on board'ish...... As this was told to me in 2003 and have stuck by it ever since.
Tea Bag

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Hi.
We have the reversing camera fitted,but miss the sensors in the bumpers,so next job.
This is what i was told,when getting a vehicle with them fitted,true or false ? I have no idea,but will pass it on.
"Be carefull if you are backing up to a floor to ceiling shop front window/etc,as sometimes the sensor does not recognise it as being there"
Needless to say,i am VERY carefull. LOL. Any expert knowledge about this will be taken on board'ish...... As this was told to me in 2003 and have stuck by it ever since.
Tea Bag

I have a camera and sensors, but to be honest I don't rely on the camera, I use combination of mirrors and sensors, camera is good for checking nobody behind the van before starting to reverse. I have no idea about windows not being recognised, next time I'm in Tesco car park, i will try a reverse ram raid ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back