Parking/overnighting euro tunnel (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Hello we are still awaiting collection of our morphine but planning to go to France at the end of September.

We will be 7metres long plus bikes! Where can we park to get a few hours rest before using the tunnel! Would like somewhere easy to use and safe.
Thanks

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Morning :)

A new service station opened on the M20 a few years back just a few miles before the tunnel at Folkstone. It's marked as "early arrivals" on the motorway sign and has ample room for long vehicles , we are 7.5m +4m bike trailer and had no problem parkin there.

:)

OP
OP
S
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Thanks I looked at that but read some negative comments and seems expensive at £20 for motorhomes. I may just get an early crossing and find an aire over in France?? Oh decisions

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
My preference is always to get to the crossing, go over and then park in France..
Lot more options, if on the tunnel then head for City Europe shopping complex, follow the motorhome signs once there for parking and you can stay overnight for free. You should find several vans all doing the same..

ALSO.... We have arrived very early for the tunnel and selected our booked crossing, then stayed on their car park.. Never had any issues..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We tend to time our arrival at the docks to allow us to get in the queue for our boat and get straight to France, then once there you can find lots of places to get some sleep, there are a couple of aires in Calais just minutes from the port. See here. www.frenchaires.com. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hello we are still awaiting collection of our morphine but planning to go to France at the end of September.

We will be 7metres long plus bikes! Where can we park to get a few hours rest before using the tunnel! Would like somewhere easy to use and safe.
Thanks

We too like to arrive early and park over night before crossing, it takes the worry out of being late.

I have used the stop at the "Early arrivals" on the M20, and had no problems and it was free, but it was a few years ago and we only done it the once, as an alternative you could continue to Dover and park on the Marina Drive then move back to the tunnel in the morning, that's if your time table will fit.

Good luck I hope it all works out for you.

Doug...

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Morphine, funny name for a motorhome, hee hee. Plenty of room to park at the tunnel and if you are early they will offer you an earier crossing, depending on how early they offer the choice of paying extra or waiting an hour to go earlier for free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back