Parking near Palermo (1 Viewer)

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Foks, any suggestions for a good Sosta or other safe place to park up near Palermo. We'll be coming off the ferry about 8pm Thursday night. Thanks.

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hi guys - have you had a look at the Campercontact website: Broken Link Removed

They list a few places in or very near Palermo - all of the listings have pics and reviews from other motorhomers that in my experience, have been pretty helpful. I had all my tyre drama coming off the ferry in Palermo, and when it was finally all sorted, I just wanted to head straight out somewhere very quiet. Was going to stay at this place originally though http://www.campercontact.com/en/ita...king-area-freesbee-parking--idea-vacanze.aspx - good reviews and safe for your first night in Sicilia! Lotsa free places all over Sicily but it's good to get your bearings first - it's a different world here!

OP
OP
ChrisMac

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Thanks Jac, I've been looking on the camper contact app but good to get recommendations as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Foks, any suggestions for a good Sosta or other safe place to park up near Palermo. We'll be coming off the ferry about 8pm Thursday night. Thanks.
San Giorgio marina, 20 mins to the east of Palermo.. Its free and you can get a train back into Palermo. There is also water in the town available. Would not recommend driving in Palermo . None of the road junctions have lights or anything. Free for all.
Our blog is up to date with everywhere we have stayed to date. Most of it is wild.
www.eamlesstravels.com

allez

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 2012
I stayed in a sosta in Palermo 2 weeks ago: Area Freesbee Parking €15 a night (it's in camper contact). 10 minute drive from ferry & walk into town.

OP
OP
ChrisMac

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Thanks folks, that's us parked up at Freesbee Parking, driving is a bit chaotic for sure. Going to have a look at San Giorgio Marina as well and see how how things go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ChrisMac

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
That's us here at San Nicola L'Arena for the second night. Great place to park up at the marina. Lots of locals coming and going, cafe/restaurant next door with great coffee, ice cream, pizza. Staff really friendly as well. Feels a really safe place for a couple of free nights. We'll probably stay tomorrow night as well but need to get to a ditto charge up etc. Sicily is a captivating island indeed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back