Parking near Channel Tunnel terminal Folkestone (1 Viewer)

Feb 28, 2015
Rothwell Northants
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Since 2014
We are booked on the 0550 train on Friday morning. We would like to run down on Thursday evening and park as close to the terminal as possible. Do any funsters know of any suitable places? We wouldn't need facilities just for an overnight stop. I saw a recent post about Canterbury P&R being used by people heading for the tunnel. Are there any time restrictions there for entering or leaving?
I don't suppose if we went to the terminal on Thursday evening they would let us park there or put us on a train that evening.
Thanks in advance for your help

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You can't enter Canterbury P&R after 8.30pm. You can exit at any time. It's about 25 minutes to the terminal from there taking the B2068 Nackington Road.

If you go directly to the tunnel terminal you will be offered the first available train. If that crossing is more expensive than the one you booked you will be charged the difference.. If the new train is the same price or cheaper then there will be no charge.

If there is a charge that you don't want to pay and decide to stick with your original booking you won't be able to get in to the terminal until 2 hours before your train time

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
There is a street you can park on in Hythe,I stopped for a few hours there a few years ago because I was too early for my train. Can't remember the name of it,maybe someone else will know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Cite Europe aire every time. We catch a late afternoon train at about 4 to 5 pm, then 35 mins later off the train and straight to the Cite Europe very safe aire. Good nights sleep and ready to go .

colyboy

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Farthing common about three miles up the Stone street towards Canterbury, from the roundabout by the services.

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
Cite Europe aire every time. We catch a late afternoon train at about 4 to 5 pm, then 35 mins later off the train and straight to the Cite Europe very safe aire. Good nights sleep and ready to go .

colyboy
Gets my vote, and exactly what we do to..(y)

OP
OP
John de Manche
Feb 28, 2015
Rothwell Northants
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks to everybody for their very quick response. We have decided to go for the train leaving Thursday evening.
Thanks again for the advice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back