RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
can anyone recommend a site close to York city centre?
0r somewhere to overnight please ?

Deleted User
@easy, just signed up too, added a couple of reviews for York.

Lin :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mr Milliemobile

Funster
Sep 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2014
No problem, I have broad sholders and checked with Jim before joining
I have just used your site to check out some of the places I have stayed in Spain; sites, aires and wild camping. All present and correct. We are now adding reviews of these locations the pros and cons, suitability for dogs, etc

Upvote 0

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@easy please can you delete me so I can start again because my user name is already used also please could you delete the +1 user name. Sorry to be a pain.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Why shouldn't it be? Its still open and available for camping (I have just rung them) although they were surprised they are not listed on the CCC website.
I don't have the relevant C&CC magazine any more but I recall being surprised on reading that the Derwent Arms had ceased to be a CS because it was in such a convenient location. It isn't listed in the C&CC app either (not just the main web site). Either the C&CC has made a mistake in deleting it or perhaps the owners haven't realised that they need to renew their certificate annually.
I remembered about quarter of an hour ago that the C&CC App gives access to back issues of the magazine so I had a look in there. The announcement that the Derwent Arms had been removed from the CS list was in the November 2015 magazine.

Upvote 0

easy

Free Member
Oct 7, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I remembered about quarter of an hour ago that the C&CC App gives access to back issues of the magazine so I had a look in there. The announcement that the Derwent Arms had been removed from the CS list was in the November 2015 magazine.
Still doesnt change the fact that is still open for camping (update type to small and friendly) https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=17805

Upvote 0

easy

Free Member
Oct 7, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
@easy please can you delete me so I can start again because my user name is already used also please could you delete the +1 user name. Sorry to be a pain.
Have sent you an email (You are already registered thats why your bigmap username is already in use)

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
See what I meen @easy you just can't win, it's still a site but they just have to criticise (n)
I included the ":)" on purpose as the comment was somewhat tongue in cheek :D

@easy made the valid point, earlier on, that it "is nigh on impossible to be 100% correct 100% of the time.". That implies, though, that where one knows that a change of status has occurred then it should be reflected in the data.

Perhaps that isn't so important with fields/car parks attached to pubs (whether they were previously CSs/CLs at one time or not) because, as we know, there are plenty of pubs which get away with allowing camping when they strictly shouldn't.
It is probably more important for "Off site parking" sites where camping is actually not allowed and people could end up with a fine. I pointed to a thread about the Coast Road Redcar/Marske earlier (where all overnight parking, not just camping, has been banned since January this year). At places like Hartlepool Historic Quay, overnight camping in a motorhome has never been allowed. Indeed, it is only in recent years that the council has allowed rallies.

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Foss Island Road has dedicated motorhome spaces but might be a bit noisy for overnighting. Knavesmire Road would be a lot quieter and useful if you happen to have a dog!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back