Parking in Southwold (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Planning a day out to Southwold .. have been told parking is at a premium ...any recommendations please where to park 25' van.....don't mind bit of walking or bus in.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
I think you can park on the quay, south of town just a short walk into the town over the heath.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Planning a day out to Southwold .. have been told parking is at a premium ...any recommendations please where to park 25' van.....don't mind bit of walking or bus in.
It depends on when you visit. Weekends and school holidays very busy. Lots of space outside of these times. I think that you would struggle down by the harbour - the road is poor. Try near the golf course or on the sea front if at a quiet time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
as mentioned, south at the end of Ferry Road by the Lifeboat Museum

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We visited last week, managed to park on the sea front as there were loads of spaces. 3 motorhome parking bays on the carpark next to the pier £5 for 3 hours.
Or £5 all day near the Life boat Museun as mentioned bt scotjimland.

Oct 17, 2020
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
1 year
Anyone know if I can park overnight in Southwold pier car park in my MH? Got conflicting reports!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
You cannot overnight in the carpark However, this information may be out of date but I was told by a local that if you go through the gates at the far end of the pier car park into the overflow area, you can overnight as it's privately owned land leased by the town council but where East Suffolk have no jurisdiction.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You cannot overnight in the carpark However, this information may be out of date but I was told by a local that if you go through the gates at the far end of the pier car park into the overflow area, you can overnight as it's privately owned land leased by the town council but where East Suffolk have no jurisdiction.
The East Suffolk parking order says, in relation to Southwold Pier car park, says that vehicles must be parked "Wholly within a parking bay where so defined.". As the only part that doesn't have defined bays is the overflow, that implies that the overflow is covered by the order.
The Town Council web site says "An overspill car park, is opened up on the grass land surrounding when the town is busy.", which presumably isn't the case overnight.
It may be worth checking with one or other council in advance, rather than ending up being stuck with nowhere to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back