Parking in Rothesay on the Isle of Bute? (1 Viewer)

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
We will be calling in at Rothesay on the isle of Bute on our next trip starting on Monday. Any tips as to parking for a 7.5m motorhome please so we can have a wander around the town?

Thanks.

KH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Two and a half years ago Argyll and Bute Council told me that it intends to publish motorhome parking information on its web site in future but did not have a timescale. I see there is still nothing on the web site so asking them might galvanise them into action.

There are contact details on This Page.

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Thanks. I did try their site through your webpages but as you say - nothing there yet.

I have submitted a 'contact' form asking the question as above. If I get any feedback I will update this post.

KH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

Deleted User
We went there a couple of years ago and there was plenty of places to park on the street. It's not going to be very busy at this time of year.

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
A very quick reply from Rothesay Council Parking Officer:

Good afternoon Mr Hart,

Unfortunately the council car parks in Rothesay cannot accommodate the length of your motorhome but there is a private car park off Chapelhill Road , Rothesay which is free of charge. This road is on your right prior to the centre of Rothesay.

I hope this helps and answers your question.

KH

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Ah! Anther update, it seems things have changed. I must say that it is good of the Parking Officer to get back to me so quickly on this.

Dear Mr Hart,

I have been advised that the access to this car park has been restricted due to an dangerous building, there is parking on the shore side on the approach to Rothesay by Skeoch Woods or on the other side in Battery Place. Sorry about the change but I checked the access on our mapping system and discovered the restricted access.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

KH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
no parking restrictions in the Co-op car park. at the North end of Montague Street. no on street parking restrictions as advised by the parking officer.

for overnight i can recommend Kilchattan Bay at south end of island. toilet at pier. Kingarth Hotel for food and drink, if you ask nicely they may let you overnight in their car park.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
You'll park easily on the front no need to bother with car parks ,simply turn right once off the ferry and pick the first spot you like,from the putting green towards the sailing club.
Loads of places to pull in some nice parking on the beach if you know where to look

Vlad

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Thanks to everyone for their help. So, it seems that we will not have a problem parking. We will be staying at what I believe is the only campsite on Bute for a couple of days.

KH

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
The only campsite on Bute gives lovely views and shower blocks,there is a reason there's only 1 campsite on Bute and that is to cater for tuggers.
Any savvy motorhomer can find better views and more solitude with ease!

Vlad

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back