Free Member
May 12, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
we wish to spend a day in Portsmouth before overnighting on the dock for an early morning ferry. Can anyone suggest suitable parking for two 7.5m. Motorhomes fairly near to the town?
Many thanks Crimpleken.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
@Crimpleken The park and ride is a couple of hundred yards away from the ferry port, I would think you are ok to park a motorhome there.

http://parkandride.portsmouth.gov.uk

Just found this regarding there height barrier:

Yes. It is 2.1m (6' 11") but is very rarely down. Please check our homepage or Twitter, we will post an update if the height barrier is down.

If you have a large vehicle that takes up more than one space, you will have to purchase a ticket for every space used. Motorhomes and minibuses can enter the site when the height barrier is not in use.

OP
OP
Crimpleken

Crimpleken

Free Member
May 12, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
Thank you, I rang the p&r office and they told me the barrier would be down on Saturday so I would not be able to park there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Thank you, I rang the p&r office and they told me the barrier would be down on Saturday so I would not be able to park there.

That's a bugger, you could park in Port Solent and catch a bus/taxi into Portsmouth, big free car park there.

It will only take 5 mins to the ferry port when you go then.
IMG_0085.PNG

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
There seems to be loads of parking across the harbour in Gosport and a quick trip on the ferry across to Portsmouth.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
There seems to be loads of parking across the harbour in Gosport and a quick trip on the ferry across to Portsmouth.

Bit of a nightmare getting on and off of Gosport, can take over an hour to do a few miles sometimes I avoid this place when possible.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
we wish to spend a day in Portsmouth before overnighting on the dock for an early morning ferry. Can anyone suggest suitable parking for two 7.5m. Motorhomes fairly near to the town?
Many thanks Crimpleken.
They are getting quite strict with the overnighting on the dock with 10.00pm the earliest time for arrival

OP
OP
Crimpleken

Crimpleken

Free Member
May 12, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
We overnighted on the dock a few weeks ago and the security would not let us on until 10.30

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back